WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously tempted, but I can't be spending this much on a watch now, considering I am looking to thin my collection rather than add to it.

GW-A1000 is $399

and GW-A1000D (Bracelet version) is $425. By far the lowest I have seen for this model

Free shipping (except for Brazil). They ship from NZ. Seller seems to have a lot of good feedback. What do you think? They have 5 of each available.

Kind of hoping you guys buy them up before I get a chance...

I have no affiliation with this seller, of course

2012 CASIO G-SHOCK 200M WAVE CEPTOR RADIO CONTROLLED ALARM CHRONO GW-A1000D-1A | eBay

·
Registered
20,752 Posts
Good deal, IMO.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am seriously tempted, but I can't be spending this much on a watch now, considering I am looking to thin my collection rather than add to it.

GW-A1000 is $399

and GW-A1000D (Bracelet version) is $425. By far the lowest I have seen for this model

Free shipping (except for Brazil). They ship from NZ. Seller seems to have a lot of good feedback. What do you think? They have 5 of each available.

Kind of hoping you guys buy them up before I get a chance...

I have no affiliation with this seller, of course

2012 CASIO G-SHOCK 200M WAVE CEPTOR RADIO CONTROLLED ALARM CHRONO GW-A1000D-1A | eBay
When I see these kind of prices I wonder how much is being made on the so called Limited Edition A1000RAF. The model being advertized even has a stainless strap.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
They seem to be hovering around the upper 300's under regular auction style bidding. Buy-it-now has been gradually going up, from $425 to now $525 as the lowest. I would buy one for $360. That seems very reasonable.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Personally, I've never been burned on eBay. New seller, zero feedback, PayPal protection = zero buyer risk.
Maybe the dude tossed 5 (completed listings below) in his lunch box @ the Casio factory!
He sold 5 "D's" for a grand total of $872.20
That's about the going price for an RAF...many still available on eBay
gw-a1000d| eBay

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Personally, I've never been burned on eBay. New seller, zero feedback, PayPal protection = zero buyer risk.
Maybe the dude tossed 5 (completed listings below) in his lunch box @ the Casio factory!
He sold 5 "D's" for a grand total of $872.20
That's about the going price for an RAF...many still available on eBay
gw-a1000d| eBay
When I have been burned, it is always some little thing, like a watch being slightly used when claimed as new, or having some little flaw that should have been mentioned. And the sellers always act all innocent "oh my 45 year old eyes must not have noticed that scratch on the crystal" give me a break. If it is specifically stated there are no scratches there should be no scratches. I have sometimes asked for partial refunds in exchange for better feedback. Once I bought a watch and never received it. I eventually got my money back with buyer protection but it took a few weeks and several calls to ebay. I am pretty much done making big purchases on ebay from private sellers

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
@Kung: i just purchased my two identical one ("D" and non) from another source. I think that pricing is more than fair. Should be landing Monday FWIW.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
While eBay tends to favor the buyer and buyer protection is usually effective, there are times when the buyer can get burned. The typical case is a seller who is normally trustworthy but will occasionally capitalize on opportunities where they are dealing with an inexperienced buyer and carefully planned false item representation (e.g. excellent photographs provided, but existing flaws omitted by just the right angles). Usually with a zero feedback seller, PayPal won't clear until the buyer leaves positive feedback. But, it's not guaranteed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've bought the GW-A1000 blue version for $430 USD from USA and my mate has bought the basic GW-A1000 for AUD $380 from NZ off Ebay. Basically if it's too good to be true I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole irregardless of feedback. Same mate has seen a fake GW-A1000 in Malaysia so I would never buy a cheap one from China especially if the seller has no feedback.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
As promised Kung-Fusion!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Two delays happened for me:

1) went through customs in Memphis, Tennessee.

2) during Christmas.

All good otherwise. One interesting topic: bought from Singapore (no atomic sync'ing) and it didn't sync while on mainland. Gonna have to read up on this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts