WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Screenprinting shop in AZ, and we sell items on the side for people on eBay. Some guy came in the shop with a TAG Heuer (WK1112-0, mint with box and papers) and wanted us to sell it for him. I said I needed to check the authenticity. I have a jeweler nearby that is very familiar with these and other watches. He opened the caseback and told me it was definitely genuine. I went back to the shop and told the guy I would give him $350.00 cash. He wanted more, but I convinced him that he wouldn't get more on eBay. Do you think I got a good deal? It's a beautiful watch, keeps great time, and looks almost brand new. I always wanted a TAG, but have mainly bought Tissot.

·
3,255 Posts
from the model number, I assume this is the classic 2000 quartz. VERY VERY nice looking watch. Nicer than the Aquaracer IMHO. And a great watch. And thanks for the birth of the Aquaracers, they go for cheaper now. If they'll become more expensive overtime, I cannot tell, but they sure are the most classic and timeless ever of the TAG Heuer range, without considering the pre TAG models.. carreras and monacos...

I do own a 2000 classic automatic that I love and plan to keep until my last minute !

·
Registered
836 Posts
Happy to chime in here...

You purchased a 2000 Classic with the very attractive, harder to find SILVER Dial. If it is in true mint condition it is one hot looking watch. I've always like the moderate bling factor and nicely placed high polished finishes against the brushed steel.

I would say you got a pretty good deal. With all the boxes and books I would estimate this watch would sell for $350 to $600 on eBay... All subject to pictures and description and seller record.

Is it the inital release (circa 1997) with the lumious 12 or the later version with the solid polished steel 12 on the dial.

Hey, why not just post a pic?

Unfortunately, the size doesn't suit my taste or frame or there would be one in my collection.

Good buy.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David,

The dial is silver with a polished steel 12 on the dial. Do you know what year this model came out? The case back reads WK1112-0 HK2886. I have a pic attached.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Without checking the catalogs, I want to say the 2k Classic debuted in about '94-95 and I have seen it in the 2004 catalog. I'm not sure when they changed the 12 hour marker, but I'd guess around 98.. Sometimes a good indication of the watch's mfgr date is the TAG signature on the movement. It is usually stamped with a month+year code (mm.yy) I believe this is the code for the date the movement was made. Perhaps someone else can chime in here.

I typicially estimate the watches age to be w/in 2 years of that code.

Pls post your findings.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know how much help this will be, but I bought the same watch with a rubber strap in Feb. 2007 from an AD. I don't know how long they had it though because I got it at quite a nice discount. The MSRP was $850 for mine.

Mel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts