WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Mike, is that including the numbers mentioned earlier, or on top of the earlier numbers?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
200 ETA 2836-2 and 150 Valjoux 7750. He's busy mounting them. So: There's hope guys.
good news mike. doing the math, my odds look bad still. there are 200 2836 movements to be distributed around the world to fill the DA models. i'll bet most end up in germany. at least that is 100 more then expected. thanks for the update. you must speak with konrad on a weekly basis. :thanks

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Nadja thanks you I'm sure Mike for all the new e-mails asking about delivery she has to ignore now! :-d

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Nadja thanks you I'm sure Mike for all the new e-mails asking about delivery she has to ignore now! :-d
tragic,

please be nice to nadja, she has only ignored my last six emails!;-)

i am sure she is preparing to get back to us before we die or sometime thereafter. :-d

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
tragic,

please be nice to nadja, she has only ignored my last six emails!;-)

i am sure she is preparing to get back to us before we die or sometime thereafter. :-d
Heck I like Nadja!
I'm sure she's a nice lady.
Just not sure customer service is her proper role in life :-d

·
Registered
33 Posts
Really hoping that I can get my DA36 this time round. Who knows when the next delivery of movement is going to be. :-s

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Heck I like Nadja!
I'm sure she's a nice lady.
Just not sure customer service is her proper role in life :-d
I cannot argue with you there! :-x

I just hope we both get our hands on a DAMasko! :-!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Excuse my question as I'm pretty new to the watch world. Assuming everything else is ok and mounting is the only task to be performed, is the time scale to completion for, say, 100 units measured in terms of weeks, months, or seasons for Damasko? I suppose it can be rephrased as "how much work does mounting the movements involve?"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Simplified imho!

If you are the only one to mount them (Damasko is still in need of a watchmaker and desperately searching - see web site) and if watchmaking isn't your only business (read my report on the Damasko brand), if you do the quality control by yourself including regulation (which can't be done in a day, Konrad checks every watch by himself), if you have to check all the other orders and work it will need much more time than your question indicates. As you already said, it's not the only task to be performed. We are not talking about Sinn, Union, Limes, Archimede where a lot of people are employed. We talk about a family runned business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think all these time, it's the lack of watch movement that is holding the delivery from Damasko.

At least from this current delivery, there will be 350 more happy Damasko owners soon.

Maybe I have not waited for too long, as long as I can get my DA36 in pristine condition, I will be one heck of a happy man. :-!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Too bad they can't find another watchmaker. That would certainly help ease the waiting time and help them catch up with demand. I wonder if Damasko ever thought their product would explode in popularity like this and get to the point where demand would be so high for their product.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Simplified imho!

If you are the only one to mount them (Damasko is still in need of a watchmaker and desperately searching - see web site) and if watchmaking isn't your only business (read my report on the Damasko brand), if you do the quality control by yourself including regulation (which can't be done in a day, Konrad checks every watch by himself), if you have to check all the other orders and work it will need much more time than your question indicates. As you already said, it's not the only task to be performed. We are not talking about Sinn, Union, Limes, Archimede where a lot of people are employed. We talk about a family runned business.
so mike, with that being said, do you think it would take a several months to get the watches out to the waiting public? or even longer? o|

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so mike, with that being said, do you think it would take a several months to get the watches out to the waiting public? or even longer? o|
I have no clue. Al I know that Konrad is very busy to answer the huge demand. In fact he doesn´t get any support by any other watchmaker. Not knowing on what list you´re on and how many other lists do exist I really can´t say. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mike,
I understand the issues of needing a watchmaker(s) to facilitate construction and getting shipments out the door, but ultimately it would seem that money talks, ie if you pay someone enough they would come to work for you as a watchmaker. I do not know the Damasko business model, aka how much of their revenue comes from the watch end vs. the other areas of manufacturing, my guess is very little from watches or they would be busting to find people. While I realize that this is a captive audience there does seem to be real live demand for their product, it just doesn't compute that they continue to tick away at this snail like pace, while it may not seem possible at some point the consumer will stop waiting for a product that isn't arriving. I give full credit to all you guys on their waiting list you have way more patience than I do.
Good luck to all
EDS

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Mike,
I understand the issues of needing a watchmaker(s) to facilitate construction and getting shipments out the door, but ultimately it would seem that money talks, ie if you pay someone enough they would come to work for you as a watchmaker. I do not know the Damasko business model, aka how much of their revenue comes from the watch end vs. the other areas of manufacturing, my guess is very little from watches or they would be busting to find people. While I realize that this is a captive audience there does seem to be real live demand for their product, it just doesn't compute that they continue to tick away at this snail like pace, while it may not seem possible at some point the consumer will stop waiting for a product that isn't arriving. I give full credit to all you guys on their waiting list you have way more patience than I do.
Good luck to all
EDS
I agree with you completely. My patience is running very thin with damasko. It was first the no email responses and then the wait. I do not even know why they have an email account.

If a damasko is not availabe soon, I will proceed to get yet another Sinn.

Annoying to say the least! :-|

1 - 20 of 27 Posts