WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from Viveca to let me know that my MO with roman numerals will be ready in two to three weeks. All right!

Mike

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Awesome news. I look forward to the pics.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are the pictures I've seen so far, and they were enough for me. I asked Viveca to send any publicity photos they might have, and I'll post them if I get them. As to pictures of MY watch which I haven't laid eyes on yet, I guess I'll have to get a &%#[email protected] camera!

Mike

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks, Mike--I hadn't seen those before. It does have a stately feel to it, doesn't it? Both versions are attractive in their own way.

·
Watchuseek Journalist
1,777 Posts
Having owned MO with Arabic numerals and then seeing the MO with Roman numerals at Basel fair, my choice is the MO with Roman numerals anyday.

This was the same choice I made when deciding on the Ulysse Nardin 1846 Marine Chrono with Roman numerals. The numbers fit the dial better and historically are correct for a Marine watch.

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
i prefer the look of the MO-Romans. IMO, a little more sober and masculine.

Having owned MO with Arabic numerals and then seeing the MO with Roman numerals at Basel fair, my choice is the MO with Roman numerals anyday.

This was the same choice I made when deciding on the Ulysse Nardin 1846 Marine Chrono with Roman numerals. The numbers fit the dial better and historically are correct for a Marine watch.

Cheers,
Bhanu

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i prefer the look of the MO-Romans. IMO, a little more sober and masculine.

It's hard for me to say why I really like this watch. I thought that my ultimate roman numeral watch was the Nomos Ludwig, because the characters are as simple as they can be, with no bases or tops, while the MO Roman seems to slap down a lot more ink than I generally like.

I think what does it is the combination of the classical numerals with the varnished dial, which to me gives the impression of a piece of porcelain, maybe a potsherd.

Of course I don't know at all how it's going to look "in the steel."

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts