WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some nice looking 16mm straps for my old watches. I had a bunch of NOS Kreisler and the type, but have gone through them over the years. Our local Walmart had some nice (for Walmart) straps in 16mm that were longer, and they have been well used on some of my watches. They just dont have those anymore.
Where do you get your straps??

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have a hard time visualizing what a strap will look like so I don't order many online - although they are cheaper for the same brands. I use the local watch batteries and band place (I forget it the name - but it seems like every mall has a kiosk that does this). If you need the extra-longs the selection can be poor but otherwise it is a good option.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I buy a lot of mine off ebay - sometimes singly, sometimes in batches. Generally excellent value if you avoid the very cheapest.

I also buy from Aldi (a German-owned discount supermarket chain) when they have them on offer - but that's probably of no help to you.;-)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
No - I wouldn't -you're just trying to make me look ignorant.:-x

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm also looking for a nice 16mm strap for my Gruen Veri-Thin. There are a couple places here in Portland that have straps that size, but most are women's and the others aren't what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
have any of you tried one of the sites sponsors esp Hirsch, Omega, Deep Blue Watches and Watch Straps they are based in the uk, but I know many people in the USA on the omega site that use him with no problems. They are all great long lasting straps and he normally provides the springbars and he is also very helpful in finding you a strap you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts