WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Oris BC3+ SS casing with a black dial and with a black rubber strap. I think the rubber strap would be a good one to use during sports activity such as running and working out but what would be a good strap to put on it when I am in the office or something that requires more of a casual/dress watch? Thanks in advance!

·
Sinn Moderator
9,688 Posts
I would think that a nice black leather strap would look good and feel good on the BC3+. IMHO, a NATO or ZULU strap would be too casual for the office.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I really like black ostrich straps (perhaps with contrast stitching) for this purpose. It is a classic and classy leather, but it is durable and does not look out of place on watches that are not dress watches.

·
Registered
60,608 Posts
I'm more of a bracelet guy myself so I apologise in advance if anything I tell you is incorrect. I believe the BC3 uses a non-standard lug width so you may have to get a custom made strap for it rather than just picking one up from the shop.
I agree that your BC3 calls for some sort of black strap (are you sure I can't talk you in to an OEM bracelet for it) :-d

·
Registered
521 Posts
Congrats on the new Oris. The BC3 has a standard 22mm lug width so any 22mm strap should fit. Here is a pic of my BC3 Sportsman that came on a nice dark brown leather strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
60,608 Posts
Hi Josh, I can't make out which version of the BC3 you own. The original (with day at the top and date ate the bottom) has 20mm interhorn width while the Sportsman (no crown guards and day & date at the bottom) and the current Advanced (crown guards and day & date at the bottom of the dial) are both 22 mm interhorn width.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts