WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I am looking for a swiss automatic watch. Please suggest which ones are available in my range of 1000 AUD (if possible).

I was looking at the Hamilton Khaki All black below zero but it seems a lot more than $1000.

Please suggest something which would last a while, would look good and be tough and not delicate (a dive watch would also be good if possible)

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Would getting a Steinhart diver (Ocean Vintage Military, or others in their Ocean series) be possible for you? I think even with intl' shipping & taxes, they should fit into your budget, and they tend to be very well reviewed and well-built.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sticky but I already own a Tissot Prc 200 so I wanted something different this time.
How are victorinox watches?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have Rolex and Tudor and Omega and Tag watches, and grabbed a slightly used ChrWard c60 trident, and I must say for the price (mid $700aus) it's a great watch, has ceramic bezel, great rubber strap, though I'm now wearing it on the nato that came with the Tudor BBr, very comfortable. Only slight issue is its large at 43mm, ie. large to me as I'm a 40-41 guy with my current collection. With the occassional 15% sales they have you can get a new one delivered under $1000 to your door...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
167 Posts
Pic.... ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1444014040.945222.jpg Here's me from Australia, currently sunning myself on Kauai, left the expensive ones at home, and been a great travel companion. The watch has a dark green bezel with black wave dial.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pic.... View attachment 5571914 Here's me from Australia, currently sunning myself on Kauai, left the expensive ones at home, and been a great travel companion. The watch has a dark green bezel with black wave dial.

Thanks a lot for responding dkmajm. I just saw a few watches at Ashford watches, out of which Rado and Movado seem to be selling there for cheap. Are those good?

Just saw MEN'S KHAKI NAVY BELOWZERO 1000M WATCH available there as well.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Mido and Glycine and Hamilton all fit your bill and will usually have solid ETA movements and decent quality finishing for the price. You might get an Oris on sale for your budget, too.
Movado is more of a fashion watch, methinks. Nothing wrong with Rado, but I was unimpressed with the fit and finish when handling them personally.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not a dive watch but if you can do a little bit of haggling you can get an Alpina Alpiner Automatic, which I personally think is kinda cool watch for around a grand (pic borrowed)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
An Oris BC3 sorta has the pilot theme going, it CAN be done....at Saleras anyway. Just tell 'em Domo sent ya (errr...Actually, maybe don't mention that) ;-)

Of course, it goes without saying there's so much more satisfaction to be had with a Seiko for under a grand. Even a stupidly overpriced one! b-)

·
Registered
29,560 Posts
The thing is there isn't much in your budget - $1000 is both too much and not enough. To make life worse our dollar is pretty hammered.

Chrostopher Ward and Tissot would be where my money goes but the former is English with a Swiss movement.

I would just save up for something that you really want rather than settling for an 'inbetween'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts