WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
12-BLGR-SS new.jpg

If you are going to launch a watch brand which offers homogenous Ronda quartz and ETA 2824 movements you need an extra incentive, an added twist if your brand is going to become a global bestseller. Launched in 2003 by Miami-based entrepreneur couple Will and Rina Stein, Philip Stein did just that. The company grew out of their own journey to find a way to live in tune in a fast-moving world. They discovered that natural frequencies can help people to live in harmony and become more resilient to stress. In short, Philip Stein’s Natural Frequency Technology is said to help to improve its wearer’s quality of life.

The Philip Stein Prestige Watch Collection features a selection of Swiss made watches. But a Philip Stein is more than just a watch. The Natural Frequency Technology within it harnesses and channels only natural frequencies to the wearer apparently making them feel calm, feel well and in tune with their environment.

The result has seen Philip Stein enjoy explosive growth in markets overseas, especially in the lucrative markets of the Middle and Far East to the point where they are one of the top selling brands in certain South East Asian markets. The possible reason for the huge popularity in South East Asia is the fact that these watches are developed adopting technology based on the Chinese theories of yin and yang which has worked its magic for centuries and has a strong following among Chinese communities.

Philip Stein’s unique Live in Tune-Technology

Philip Stein Natural Frequency Technology.jpg

Every Philip Stein accessory carries a disc which has embedded Philip Stein’s Natural Frequency Technology. It is specially programmed to pick up and channel only the frequencies in the environment that are natural and beneficial to body and mind.

The Natural Frequency Technology uses two chips that interact with the battery's electrical impulses and the watch's magnetic field. Many celebrities have endorsed them including Oprah Winfrey, Simon Cowell, Madonna and Isaiah Washington. Wearers claim the watches decrease stress and increase concentration. Olympic Athletes believe that their performance has become better since benefitting from the frequency supplied by their watch.

Philip Stein Prestige Collection

17A-SKFB-ABR.jpg

The premium Prestige Collection boasts stainless steel cases that are curved to ergonomically fit the wrist. The Prestige watches have spherical curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating as well as interchangeable straps. The dual time zone models make these watches the ideal choice for frequent travellers. The Premium Collection starts at around $1,000. The 12-BLGR-SS model shown here is $2,390 while the 17A-SKFB-ABR Prestige Round model with an ETA 2824 movement is around $2,718. Yes, it's a lot to ask for an ETA movement, but what price physical and mental harmony?

Visit the Philip Stein website

·
Registered
723 Posts
So I take it that Natural Frequency Technology has been studied and verified through a large, multicenter randomized control trial, sufficiently powered to achieve statistical significance?

Or it could be, like, magic or something, ya know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
"Every Philip Stein accessory carries a disc which has embedded Philip Stein’s Natural Frequency Technology. It is specially programmed to pick up and channel only the frequencies in the environment that are natural and beneficial to body and mind. "

Oh for godssakes. Does this also reset your karma and focus cosmic energies on your chi interface points of your supernatural self?
What a load of tosh. It's stuff like this that turns me off of products...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Uh no, not really.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
It is founded on technology recovered from the Roswell, N.M. crash....
It seems that the only surviving Alien,Paul, from that crash,believes that
he survived the crash because of his wrist force field. Now in this watch.

Sorry, can't see the watch in this photo.

Reactions: Donf

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I lived in SE Asia for two months and, as you can guess, went to watch stores quite frequently. Never saw any of these or heard anything about them. Although I will say that the idea of wearing magic items is still very prevalent, but the concept isn't about "frequency," it's about balancing your exposure to the five Eastern elements, and using symbolism. Basically, words that sound or look like other words take on the magical properties of the similar sounding word. So, words or symbols that resemble the word or symbol for death is unlucky or "cursed" for instance. You'll see people wearing jewelry that resembles apples, for example, symbolizing peace and harmony because the word for apple happens to be ping, and a homonym for ping is peace. Or so I'm told.

But I digress. Suffice it to say that it's not only unlikely to be ultra-popular in SE Asia, but that it has little or nothing to do with obsolete Eastern concepts of magic. Of course, even if it did, it would still be ineffective.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts