WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dropped my MDV106 on the hard tile floor in the locker room and the crystal is toast (more expensive to fix than the watch). I haven't decided if I will get another or replace it with something else. I am leaning towards getting another. It's a versatile watch and is pretty amazing for under $40.

Fortunately I am crazy enough that I have an extra watch at work so I am not without a watch for the day (an old eco-drive that started right up after taking it out of the dark drawer it's been in for a year or so).

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Ah, that's rough. I would do the crystal swap myself and still wear it. Not diving anymore, but could be fine for daily wearing

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
Get another MDV-106......the screaming best deal on the planet at $38 and folks have been finding them recently for $25 on sale at Wal-Mart, positively a steal.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Get another MDV-106......the screaming best deal on the planet at $38 and folks have been finding them recently for $25 on sale at Wal-Mart, positively a steal.

good luck on the walmart deal. The walmart clearance was moths ago and the 106 was hard to find. I scored several good watches in that hunt but never found a 106. Ironically I think I have flipped all of those finds and still have the 106 I caved in and bought after fruitless walmart searching.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This could also be a good candidate to try filling it with oil. Of course it would still need a new crystal, and I'm not sure what rounded crystals will fit the Casio.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Get another one you can always find one on Amazon

·
Registered
672 Posts
I am not sure if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to get an Acrylic crystal instead of mineral or sapphire? It's just a couple of dollars to buy one.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Hydro mods are usually done with digitals or high torque analogue movements (at the expense of more stress on the wheels and much reduced battery life).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
$38 bucks, here is when its time to capitalize of your loss of a cheap watch and buy another one (provided you liked it). Not many people can say they wrecked their diver and replaced it for that, not even close.
Even in the affordable forum there’s envy on that replacement cost.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
File Under: when bad things happen to good watches.

Reactions: nuvostokguy
1 - 20 of 35 Posts