WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice find! Lucky, as any goodwill I've stopped by the last 3-4 yrs don't carry much for watches anymore. I heard they have someone now that sorts thru stuff and picks out the good stuff to put on their goodwill auction site.
This was one of their boutiques. It’s stores that have all their best stuff. There’s two in my town and they’re called GW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Nice

It is a King Seiko 5246-5030 with a missing KS or a rarer non KS branded version. If the crown has KS on it then the KS went missing from the dial. If the crown is not branded then it is a non KS version.

The watch should be a 1972 or 1973. The movement is hi beat and you can see how nice it glides around the dial. It is a very good movement and was also offered in chronometer spec

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The date code says it was made in April 1973. The crown is plain and the back does not mention King Seiko. All indications are it is an unbranded King Seiko.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
The date code says it was made in April 1973. The crown is plain and the back does not mention King Seiko. All indications are it is an unbranded King Seiko.

It should also have an English/ Spanish or English/ French day wheel and not Eng/Japanese. This is what I have heard folks calling an export KS. It was sold outside of Japan and used the same dial, movement and fit and finish but did not use the KS badge.

Still a King Seiko is a King Seiko even if it is not named that on the watch.

Go easy on the changing of the date as the Cal. 56xx and 52xx have date issues(they used brittle plastic for the changing mechanism)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It should also have an English/ Spanish or English/ French day wheel and not Eng/Japanese. This is what I have heard folks calling an export KS. It was sold outside of Japan and used the same dial, movement and fit and finish but did not use the KS badge.

Go easy on the changing of the date as the Cal. 56xx and 52xx have date issues(they used brittle plastic for the changing mechanism)
Yes it has an English French date wheel. I was wondering about that so thank you!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You were so right about the date issue. The date setting function only advances one click now the stops.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts