WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I happened to pass by the Yema website today and noticed that they have a new line of quartz versions of their Superman Heritage line.
They have a black and blue that look pretty much exactly like the automatics, but the one that really caught my eye was this dark blue model.
That's pretty gorgeous, right? And it appears to be very thin, at 11mm including a domed (mineral) crystal.
It's about $350 on the tropic strap after their 10% coupon. I know folks are going to point out that it's a very cheap movement, etc, but... pretty... so tempted.... :)

What do people think about the quality of the current Yema line? How's the fit and finish, bezel alignment, etc?

P.S. I am not affiliated with the brand in any way; just an enthusiast!

Yema_Quartz1.JPG Yema_Quartz2.JPG Yema_Quartz3.JPG

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Nice looking watch. Really like the blue.
But is that a 6105 seconds hand? No it's not, but looks very Seiko.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Already have it on preorder and today I've got an email that they will also send me the tropic free of charge besides the bracelet.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I am -> <- this close to buying one of these. I am totally grooving on Yema lately.

More and more I find myself gravitating to the ease of quartz watches, so the movement isn't a show stopper for me at all, and may in fact be a plus.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Grrrr... Mineral crystal. Getting a little pricey for a ho - hum quartz movement and no sapphire. It looks great, but my wallet is protesting.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I hope it is a little better made than their previous quartz models. I bought the quartz Superman when they had them on sale a few months back. Granted I only paid around $250 for it, but it felt like a budget watch. The bezel lock was for looks only and didn't actually work, and the bracelet was very cheap feeling. So much so, I just wore it on a Tropic instead. I was going to buy one of the automatic models, but have held off due to this one being so mediocre at best. And the lume was barely visible after about an hour in total darkness.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just bought the old Yema quartz in Blue during their sell-out. Paid $209 with free shipping on a NATO strap. I really like it. The flat crystal is something different. The bezel lock is non-functional and must be for looks only (Typical..better to look good than to be good). I bought a tropic rubber dive strap from Baltic. The Baltic strap barely fits my 7.5 in. wrist but looks good on the Yema. I would highly recommend the brand as a low price kick around diver that is unique.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am -> <- this close to buying one of these. I am totally grooving on Yema lately.

More and more I find myself gravitating to the ease of quartz watches, so the movement isn't a show stopper for me at all, and may in fact be a plus.
Couldn't agree more. There's a lot to be said for having a few quartz pieces that are always ready to go

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Not knocking the brand...I like the Navygraf. I'm just not sold on this model. Hopefully, the bezel lock will be functional on this version.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have the 40mm Superman (Mysterious Blue). The bezel lock works on mine.
It feels a little big on my wrist. I thing the 39mm would be perfect.

·
Vendor
52 Posts
I happened to pass by the Yema website today and noticed that they have a new line of quartz versions of their Superman Heritage line.
They have a black and blue that look pretty much exactly like the automatics, but the one that really caught my eye was this dark blue model.
That's pretty gorgeous, right? And it appears to be very thin, at 11mm including a domed (mineral) crystal.
It's about $350 on the tropic strap after their 10% coupon. I know folks are going to point out that it's a very cheap movement, etc, but... pretty... so tempted.... :)

What do people think about the quality of the current Yema line? How's the fit and finish, bezel alignment, etc?

P.S. I am not affiliated with the brand in any way; just an enthusiast!

View attachment 14924209 View attachment 14924207 View attachment 14924205

Indeed we have a new collection called the Heritage Divers Quartz. The new timepieces are inspired from the automatic Heritage Collection and have the same quality finishings! A new model was added which is the Superman Heritage Dark Blue which comes in 39mm. Good news is the Tropic strap is currently being offered as a gift! Please have a chat with our customer service for more info! :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
not a bad watch but im a stickler about names , if it didnt say superman on it , id look that way maybe . but saying superman is alittle cheesy to me.
like when i searched and search got good deal on marathon tsar without saying US government

i love my boldr meteorite bronze . but i dont like it sayin triple lock crown on chapter ring but its not on the dial so i can deal with it

im just a weirdo

when scurfa came out i bought a diver one , but i couldnt get past it saying scurfa on the dial. i know it a play on words , but i had to let that one back in the creek

one really bothers me is the christoper ward watches, i love the trident bronze but fo god sames take you name off or make a small CW somewhere

i rambled lol ok back to thread , yema does make a nice watch that appeals to a certain crowd , variety spice of life !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like the design, the style, and especially the 39mm size.

But, since the watch is made from the same higher end case as their more expensive offerings I do wish they had spent more than about $16.- (replacement cost) on the movement.

A Miyota 510 at $25.- or even a Rhonda 715 at $19.-

https://calibercorner.com/product/ronda-515-quartz-movement/

None the less I may end up purchasing one,....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I feel the same way Toonces. I've gone back and forth on this one for a while since I received the email. The movement seems marginal, but the look is fantastic. TakeTimeWithPat has a great review on YouTube featuring the 39mm quartz. Bracelet looks awesome as well. I just worry about the longevity of the Ronda 515FE movement. Can anyone else weigh in on the movement's quality?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I feel the same way Toonces. I've gone back and forth on this one for a while since I received the email. The movement seems marginal, but the look is fantastic. TakeTimeWithPat has a great review on YouTube featuring the 39mm quartz. Bracelet looks awesome as well. I just worry about the longevity of the Ronda 515FE movement. Can anyone else weigh in on the movement's quality?
It's a repairable quartz movement with metal parts and a 4 year battery life. More reliable and accurate than any mechanical movement.

You can have a Scurfa with a better movement (swiss made Ronda 713/715), 500m water resistance and sapphire for 60% of the price. So I would image that a lot of the price constitutes the design and brand recognition. Me personally, I had never heard of the brand before and I don't like design, but I do understand the appeal.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's a repairable quartz movement with metal parts and a 4 year battery life. More reliable and accurate than any mechanical movement.

You can have a Scurfa with a better movement (swiss made Ronda 713/715), 500m water resistance and sapphire for 60% of the price. So I would image that a lot of the price constitutes the design and brand recognition. Me personally, I had never heard of the brand before and I don't like design, but I do understand the appeal.
I'm with you in terms of the movement being more accurate, after all it's quartz. But, and I'm not sure you can refute this with objective evidence, I am not confident that it will be reliable over the ten to fifteen year long haul. If I did have this confidence I would have pulled the trigger this AM when I chatted with Nicolas,....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts