WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I've got fairly small wrists (6"-6.25") I recently got into GShocks (having a hard time going back to mechanicals but that's another issue). And I was just curious to hear people's opinions on this. Do they both look good size wize? Is one better? None of them (I did find an all black round Baby-G that I might get instead). Yes, of course I know that at the end of the day it's what I like, but I am having a hard time making a decision and looking for some opinions.

Hell I might keep both, the DW5600 for everyday wear and the 6900 for other occasions (oh god what have I gotten myself into haha). Not even a month ago, I was completely against these things and now I am considering keeping two.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You have two classic G-Shocks. I think they both look good on your wrist. You may also want to look at the G-2310, as it is also looks good on a smaller wrist.

If you get into it, you should look at used G-Shocks off of Ebay or WUS sales forum. Especially for non-fancy watches, it's a cheap way to try a bunch of different ones.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
5600 seems to fit better. Most people here would suggest to replace the band with a GW5000 which are very comfortable: link

Invest in a springbar tool first though.

Of course reading the time should be first priority, I find the legibility of the 5600HR in your first pic sub-par.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
They look fine, IMO. Both would benefit in terms of fit and comfort by swapping the straps to the GW-5000 strap (as has already been recommended).

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think they both look fine. Gshocks aren’t meant to be svelte and for the same size they don’t look nearly as silly as something else of the same diameter would.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5600 seems to fit better. Most people here would suggest to replace the band with a GW5000 which are very comfortable: link

Invest in a springbar tool first though.

Of course reading the time should be first priority, I find the legibility of the 5600HR in your first pic sub-par.
I know it looks bad in the pictures, but I honestly haven't had any issues with it. In fact, due to the size, I'd say that the legibility is better on the dw5600hr than the 9600, jmo.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Swap the band keep the watch!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The first seems more proportionate. If you're happy with how they feel on the wrist, that's all that matters. Personally I would feel like I was under house arrest with watches that size. But that's just me. I prefer my baby G's. The bgd 501 is a good model

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first seems more proportionate. If you're happy with how they feel on the wrist, that's all that matters. Personally I would feel like I was under house arrest with watches that size. But that's just me. I prefer my baby G's. The bgd 501 is a good model
View attachment 15857679
I really like small watches so that'd be really nice. I have an A158w that I really like, very comfortable. Definitely looking at this line. What size wrist do you have?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Hi,

So I've got fairly small wrists (6"-6.25") I recently got into GShocks (having a hard time going back to mechanicals but that's another issue). And I was just curious to hear people's opinions on this. Do they both look good size wize? Is one better? None of them (I did find an all black round Baby-G that I might get instead). Yes, of course I know that at the end of the day it's what I like, but I am having a hard time making a decision and looking for some opinions. View attachment 15857539 View attachment 15857540 View attachment 15857541 View attachment 15857542

Hell I might keep both, the DW5600 for everyday wear and the 6900 for other occasions (oh god what have I gotten myself into haha). Not even a month ago, I was completely against these things and now I am considering keeping two.
I think a 38-39mm mechanical would look a ton better. That chunky plastic thing is an eyesore.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really like small watches so that'd be really nice. Definitely looking at these ones. What size wrist do you have?
I Have a 6.7 inch wrist

I can't wear it because the band broke and am waiting on nato adapters which is taking forever. It looks like something between an f91w and a g shock

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh, yeah, sapphire and SS are not as robust as plastic :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
I am not sure what you are trying to get at with this comment. Sure sapphire and stainless steel are more durable than plastic. And Gshocks are more durable than mechanicals...Heck, my A158w is more durable than pretty much any mechanical in shock resistance. I have a job and hobbies that require the added shock resistance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I Have a 6.7 inch wrist
View attachment 15857684
I can't wear it because the band broke and am waiting on nato adapters which
I Have a 6.7 inch wrist
View attachment 15857684
I can't wear it because the band broke and am waiting on nato adapters which is taking forever. It looks like something between an f91w and a g shock
Woww,
I have been searching for this one,
Would greatly appreciate if you could share where to get it.
Even on the website, they only have a blueish purple bgd...560 with protective bars, and white...but not black

·
Registered
134 Posts
Woww,
I have been searching for this one,
Would greatly appreciate if you could share where to get it.
Even on the website, they only have a blueish purple bgd...560 with protective bars, and white...but not black
Ok just saw the number: bgd501 didn't pay attention,
looking it up

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
dont worry about that, I wouldn't even wanna acknowledge that with a response.

I am not sure what you are trying to get at with this comment. Sure sapphire and stainless steel are more durable than plastic. And Gshocks are more durable than mechanicals...Heck, my A158w is more durable than pretty much any mechanical in shock resistance. I have a job and hobbies that require the added shock resistance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wear what you like,
I too like them very much,

I have the basic 5600 all black and a baby g round (don't know the ref. #)

Turns out , i like wearing the baby g more than the 5600 when it comes to activities as it is smaller and less imposing on the wrist.

5600 is relegated for casual wear and jogging...but not manual tasks

And I have a 7 1/4 " wrist

Now that i know it exists, i need to find the bgd501, thx dedpxl

Older pics as it is late.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
They look fine imo. G-shocks seem to wear differently than any other regular watch in my eyes. Oversized G-shocks do not bother me as much as the regular watches.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts