WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's arrived. I went down to the Post Office this morning and picked it up (have I ever mentioned that Canada Post is one of the most archaic, bureaucractic and annoying organizations I've ever experienced?).

Now, back to the important stuff - the watch is incredible. Not sure how to actually explain it, but there is something about a vintage SUB300T Professional that just calls to me. And the one that I bought from Pat Coleman is in excellent condition, with nicely re-finished face and hands, bezel in great condition, case in excellent condition and the crystal in great condition. And he threw in a brand-new orange leather Doxa strap (which I am wearing right now), a black rubber band, and subsequently a Doxa SUB600T black rubber band (bought separately, but on its way now).

Thanks to Pat for letting me buy this piece of Doxa history. Awesome watch.

I'll post pics as soon as I get my new camera.

James

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul,

Yep, for sure. But I have to wait for my new digitial camera to show up. Soon, I hope.

James

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, David. There's something about vintage Doxa SUB300s that just really works for me. I'm wearing it today (the wife just returned from two weeks away, so wanted to see it), and I've been wearing it a lot at work, also.

And the other wristwatches in the collection are definitely taking a back set in the watch safe right now, much to their frustration, me thinks.

Just a phenomenal watch and I'm realy glad Pat Coleman and I could make the deal work. He's a true gentleman.

James

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wasn't the 600 series pretty much an exact replica size wise, with updated details?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts