WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After some VERY careful shopping around this week, and encouraged by some really great photography and threads on the subject of the PO, I brought home this brand new Orange PO this afternoon. Best part is, after clearing out some watches that weren't getting any wear, I was able to pick this beauty up, and still have change left over to treat my wife and daughter to some new shoes 'n clothes :)

At first, I went out only knowing that I wanted a Planet Ocean, but unsure of which size and/or colour would make me happy. So, I set to the task of visiting as many Omega boutiques and dealers as I walked by over the past week or so...

The first elimination to be made was in the size department. Not only did the 45.5mm look too big on my wrist, but it also felt a little uncomfortable. Add that to the fact that I find the dial a little better balanced/filled out on the 42mm, and my choice in favour of the 42mm was made.

Next had to be colour. That was a little more complicated, but after tossing it around in my brain, trying on the different options, and checking out all the fine photo threads posted here...It came down to this "logic"

-The orange model is, I feel, the "iconic" PO

-There's nothing in my life that restricts me from wearing the orange..I own a watch company, make my own schedule, never wear suits (heck, I hardly ever even wear long sleeves), and live in a sub-tropical climate.

-I already have plenty of black 'n white watches.

-I think it's cool to have the same watch the dudes on NCIS wear.

So, my choice was made this afternoon... I made a beeline for the store downtown, and I was all over it like a fat kid on Hershey bar. It's all sized up now, and I'm lovin' every minute of it!

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Congrats, it is a beautiful watch! And yes, I'm also curious about the watch company part.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congratulations on the watch! I'm sure you'll love it. Nice pictures!

cheers, martijn

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
congratulation jake....a beauty!

Also to martijn on your new PO...the same watch strap combo as myself....great taste!

i think I might get an orange bezel next so I can switch things up

cheers
Jim

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Congratulations Jake! Welcome to the PO club. Great to hear you're loving it as much as we do.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Also to martijn on your new PO...the same watch strap combo as myself....great taste!

i think I might get an orange bezel next so I can switch things up
Thanks, I'm thinking about getting the orange bezel aswell. Are the bezels easy to swap?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very very nice. I recommend the rubber strap with the orange stitching. That's how I have my 42.5... I also have the orange croc strap but that's way too damn loud for me usually.

If I'm wearing a black shirt, my PO's always on. By far one of my "crown jewels" in my collection.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Nice ! Like djpatrick35 I too recommend the rubber strap with orange stitching (and Omega's wonderful deployant clasp).

Enjoy that new PO !

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Looks great! 42 is the sweet spot for me as well

if you dont mind can you pm me with price and where did you get it?

thanks ar "C hing"

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, fellas...Kind words are always much appreciated.

Anyone with any other questions can feel free to PM me anytime.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Very nice, Jake. You know I'm loving it. It is still my favorite watch, after two years!! YES, I, too, think it's cool, having the same watch as Gibbs and Dinozo! Congrats, and wear it in good health.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Congrats. I will say my orange PO has been second fiddle to my modded black PO for some time. That has recently changed. I am wearing the orange more than ever. It's a great looking piece.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts