WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Alu/Black Core arrived today (gotta love next day delivery), so here are my first impressions...

Looks good on my wrist. Somehow smaller than I expected as I've got fairly small arms/wrists and I thought it might look oversized, but doesn't. Quite high profile though so sticks up a fair way. Didn't immediately make me go 'wow' but having had it on for a couple of hours it's growing on me :)

Negative display is quite dark. I've upped the contrast to 5 (from 2) and it can still be a bit hard to make out depending on viewing angle and other light sources. Might just be something I need to get used to.

Menus etc all seem nice and easy to use. Liking the various view options for each mode. Think I'm going to spending a fair amount of time with the manual and tinkering with the options!

H/W & S/W versions are 3a and 1.0.0 which seems the same as all the 9xxxxx S/Ns despite mine only being an 846xxx model.

The leather strap seems a bit 'girly'. It's very thin and I think I was expecting something more chunky. Going to have a look to see what options there are that would suit it.

Anyway so far rather pleased :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
congrats but your S/W is not the latest one. it should be 1.1.0
so your contrast dont have ghost/shadow on 5? try the default 3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry just checked again and it's 1.1.0 :)

Doesn't seem to be much difference between 3/4/5 to me. It really is hard to read in lowlight though. Driving this morning at dawn and could hardly read it, and the backlight doesn't make any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts