WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my AT back from overhaul service from the Sydney boutique.

They told me it would take up to 10 weeks but it was ready in 7 weeks.

It needed a service after 7 1/2 years due to the wheel that controls the hour hand slipping. Cost me AU$830 which is the standard service fee for a non-chronometer automatic watch.

I am going to test the accuracy over the next 24 hours. Hope it keeps to within 1 second per 24 hours like the brand new watch did for the first 2-3 years of its life.

To celebrate I took out all my watches and took some photos.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Nice! It looks brand new.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
Great looking watch, love it on that brown leather strap. (y)

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Glad your overhaul was quicker than expected! I have a Railmaster I probably need to send their way.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice! Did they re-finish it? If they did, they did an amazing job at not jacking up the edges.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I like that AT8500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: baytwenty3

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks for posting this, this is good information. I just purchased a pre owned AT 8500 with a warranty card dated 2013. It is running -3 sec per day which I am happy with. maybe it was serviced by the prior owner

·
Registered
559 Posts
Great pics of not only the watch, but the cool boutique as well. Your AT looks really good on that leather strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for posting this, this is good information. I just purchased a pre owned AT 8500 with a warranty card dated 2013. It is running -3 sec per day which I am happy with. maybe it was serviced by the prior owner
-3 sec per day is fine. Given the cost of servicing, I personally wouldn't think about servicing until the daily error was over 10 seconds, or until something broke (my hour wheel broke so the hour hand wouldn't advance, this happened after 7 1/2 years of nearly daily wear).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice, thanks for sharing, please let us know if it keeps good accuracy now.
Do you know if they swapped the mainsprings for new ones?
I set the time and checked after 24 hours, and it gains 3 seconds. I was hoping for a bit better, but it is within COSC standards. When I first bought it it was accurate to within 1 second per day for up to 2-3 years. But as we all know, we don't buy automatic watches for their accuracy..

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am amazed at how few parts they replaced. When I brought my 1992 Chrono Seamaster for service (which had never been serviced through Omega, if ever) they replaced half the parts. I will take a picture of the parts, it is very impressive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts