WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
A better pics of all the parts
View attachment 15860133
Good lord, that’s a lot of parts! I’ve always wondered why watch repairers return old parts to the owner after a service. Is it to prove they replaced worn items? When I get my car serviced the mechanic doesn’t give me my old brake pads back. I’ve always found the practice to be a bit curious. I will admit it’s interesting to see what they replaced but is it really necessary?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good lord, that’s a lot of parts! I’ve always wondered why watch repairers return old parts to the owner after a service. Is it to prove they replaced worn items? When I get my car serviced the mechanic doesn’t give me my old brake pads back. I’ve always found the practice to be a bit curious. I will admit it’s interesting to see what they replaced but is it really necessary?
I think they consider that the parts are yours and not theirs. i was also shocked when i saw the amount of arts. it would have been easier to put a brand new mvt but i guess they had to keep the serial number on the chassis. It is basically a new watch now

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think +3 sec/day is very respectable. In fact, that's probably my favorite timing/accuracy with a new watch or one just serviced. It will stay on the plus side of zero longer that way when it slows down over time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think +3 sec/day is very respectable. In fact, that's probably my favorite timing/accuracy with a new watch or one just serviced. It will stay on the plus side of zero longer that way when it slows down over time.
Thanks I've never thought about that before. Do watches always slow down over time? I thought it was luck of the draw whether they gain or lose time.

·
Premium Member
35,106 Posts
Very nice. Great pictures and your AT looks most excellent as well.

Enjoy it!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts