WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Gentleman, im happy to report that after a 15 year search for the right watch @ the right price i acquired 1of 2 grail watches yesterday. A 1973 Pulsar LED. This watch was a big in 73 with a retail of $390 or the same as a steel submariner. Additionally it's also a James bond watch appearing with Roger Moor in Live & let die in 73.

It's complete with the built in magnet to adjust the watch "no box / papers", with very minor wear. This is 1 of 3 watches that started me down the watch road were on. As a child I tried it on, wanted it but couldn't afford it. Downside is since then I've only seen it in pictures & my hand has grown since so I can't even get it on! :( Back to reaching for extra bracelet links:)

View attachment 16710092 View attachment 16710082 View attachment 16710085
My grandfather had one of these in the 80s and I've always thought LED watches were sort of cool. I thought about picking one up a couple of years ago and quickly found out that they are apparently collectable since the prices were way higher than I would pay. 20 years ago they were lucky to make it to a garage sale instead of the trash. Timing is everything. I wonder if Jimmy McGill wearing one in "Better Call Saul" has something to do with it.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Here is a little something to start you in LCD watches:) Perfect watch to get your feet wet!
Theres a local guy selling this Texas Instruments Star Wars watch. Has historical significance & claims it just needs a battery. Sellers are asking as much as 750 for these. He's asking 30 down from 100 from a year ago! Let me know I'll connect you with him?
View attachment 16710952 View attachment 16710953
I appreciate it but I really only want a Commodore LED watch. Had a Commodore 64 in 1984 and have been a big fan ever since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts