WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stunning. Looks nicer than I remembered!

I also remember, however, getting into a long philosophical debate at a party once, must have been sometime in the '80s about these very Pulsars because you have to press a button to see the time...

"Time is for everyone!" someone announced, declaring that you should just be able to look at a watch-wearer's wrist to see the time without asking, and we were off to the races. (Non-traditional intoxicants played a role in the two-hour debate that ensued, I can assure you.)
2 hour debate! Lol..

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Here is a little something to start you in LCD watches:) Perfect watch to get your feet wet!
Theres a local guy selling this Texas Instruments Star Wars watch. Has historical significance & claims it just needs a battery. Sellers are asking as much as 750 for these. He's asking 30 down from 100 from a year ago! Let me know I'll connect you with him?
View attachment 16710952 View attachment 16710953
I appreciate it but I really only want a Commodore LED watch. Had a Commodore 64 in 1984 and have been a big fan ever since.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Gentleman, im happy to report that after a 15 year search for the right watch @ the right price i acquired 1of 2 grail watches yesterday. A 1973 Pulsar LED. This watch was a big deal in 73 with a retail of $390 or the same as a steel submariner. Additionally it's also a James bond watch appearing with Roger Moor in Live & let die in 73 & the 1st mass production LED watch:)

It's complete with the built in magnet to adjust the watch "no box / papers", with very minor wear. This is 1 of 3 watches that started me down the watch road were on. As a child I tried it on, wanted it but couldn't afford it. Downside is since then I've only seen it in pictures & my hands have grown so I can't even get it on! Lol.. :( Back to searching for extra bracelet links:)

View attachment 16710092 View attachment 16710082 View attachment 16710085
Nice, first time I saw one of these was in the 70's when my sister's husband bought one. I clearly remember it cost $400! Do the math on time-value of money and that would approach GS pricing today. Cool tech of the time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
For the past 45 or so years with the Japanese, Hong Kong then Chinese dominating the Quartz, LED & LCD watch univers they've become synonymous with those watches. It's strange to see "Made in USA" on the Pulsar modules & realize that it was with this very watch "Pulsar P2" that stared it all right here more than 49 years ago.

The circuit boards were assembled under microscopes using tweezers by Monsanto! Yes, same GMO corn Monsanto.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts