WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day i went into my local TJ maxx not expecting to find much of anything. I ended up walking out with a new Tissot Veloci-T automatic chronograph on steel. It was decently priced and I managed to get another $30 off the all ready low price due to the case having a few dings in it. I was still not satisfied with my purchase and heavily considered returning it. That return was solidified when I walked into yet another T.J. Maxx and found the same watch but on a rubber strap. Normally I hate rubber and will always take a bracelet based on looks alone. But the minute this one was in my hand it just felt right. I fell in love. Have you ever seen a girl that at first you didnt think much of her but the more you get to know her the more and more captivated you are and and up feeling she is more beautiful than the girls you used to be attracted to? Thats how I feel about my new watch. The only difference between this veloci-t and the original I purchased was the bracelet and my the one I kept has black sub dials instead of silver. The best part? I got the thing for $360 on clearance. Very happy day for me when i can sell my croton and wear this. I know its not a high end watch but to me its respectable. And since sizing the strap and wearing it, I really dont know If i can go back to a bracelet. Its so light, comfortable and the look is actually much more me. I worried that people wouldnt think it was nice if on a rubber strap. I then decided who cares?

This is what I bought and returned at $430

This is the keeper. $360

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Awesome buy! A Tissot auto cron for less than $400? That's crazy good!

I had no idea TJ Maxx had high quality watches-- I may have to start looking more closely!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome buy! A Tissot auto cron for less than $400? That's crazy good!

I had no idea TJ Maxx had high quality watches-- I may have to start looking more closely!
Honestly normally the nicest watches they get in there are Movado quartz models. You will find many leather strap classic museums and the occasional Juro etc. But mostly they sell fashion brands. Tissot is a very recent thing and they probably wont be getting more. If you would like one, id suggest getting there soon.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Nice watch. Nothing wrong with TISSOT.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I'm going to TJ Maxx right now !

Reactions: bacari

·
Premium Member
36,376 Posts
It looks good and comfy on the rubber strap

·
Registered
859 Posts
Great find
looks better on the rubber.....Congrats

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Very nice pick-up! I really like rubber straps and have many. Congrats!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sometimes it is easier to buy pre-dinged than to do the first one yourself.
Not for me. Call me weird but If im buying a new watch and I know its not coming with a warranty I want the thing to be as clean as possible. I have no idea if that other watch took a serious drop. Heck it could even have been used and someone saw they were selling the same watch they had and pulled a switch a roo. I'm much more comfortable buying a watch and putting all the marks on it myself because I know how they got there. If it was a scuff or scratch thats one thing. But when it looks like someone whacked the edge of the case with a knife I get a little weary. Plus I really am happier with the rubber strap. Over time my watches all look brand new except for the bracelet. The bracelets look like the track of a WWII tank and the case looks perfect. With it on rubber it will stay looking new for a good while longer. The ONLY thing Im really worried about is the crystal. Most watches I have owned have had a bezel that was raised above the crystal to help protect it and if it didnt the crystal was considerably thicker than the crystal on the tissot. The Sapphire on the this tissot looks to be paper thin.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Nice score with that Tissot!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts