WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Great piece, now even better after installing monster bracelet on it (sorry pictures, taken with camera-phone) Next have to install sawtooth clasp to this monster bracelet:think:

Lauri, Finland
Congrats on the new addition. The Sawtooth was my first Seiko. The lume on that thing is INSANE, more so than the Monster, even! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Great piece, now even better after installing monster bracelet on it (sorry pictures, taken with camera-phone) Next have to install sawtooth clasp to this monster bracelet:think:

Lauri, Finland
Changing the clasps looks difficult, the Sawtooth clasp is at least a few millimeters wider than the Monster's. They do function exactly the same, why do you want to switch? :think:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the heavier looks of it, but maybe I stick with the monster clasp after all, time tell

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! btw I bought this monster bracelet from ebay, seller watches59 for only $42 shipped

·
Registered
167 Posts
YAY. my straps for the sawtooth arrived. But, there are some fitment issues do to the lug design and spring bar placement, so only my kevlar looks okay =(

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I looked at alternatives to the standard bracelet, but couldn't find anything that I thought would look better. Its a good quality bracelet, even if something chunkier might be nice. In the end, I decided that the neat integrated look was preferable to a heavier bracelet that didn't integrate as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts