WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read some of the horror stories of battery changes on the Frogman, yesterday I took in my brand new Black Helios to get the battery changed as it wouldn't charge after a few days placed in the sunlight. I went to the Javy's G Factory in Sheung Wan.

At first I was a bit apprehensive as to whether my watch would come back in it's original condition. After the battery change, I closely inspected the watch and much to my relief no scratch marks or anything on the bezel or screwback!:)

All up it took about 30 mins and the cost was a little bit expensive, which I didn't mind, considering I got the watch back in it's original condition|>. Overall I would say the service centre did a good job!:-!

Here are some photos of my Black Helios before the battery change:

Notice the 'charge' sign.

Thanks for looking, have a good weekend!

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Good looking watch G-SAR, and glad to hear you got your watch back undamaged. The Javy's place you're talking about is a real museum of G-Shocks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

kiwidj: after I got the batt change and switched with my Riseman and wore the watch immediately!

BenL: It's a good place to get your battery changed, so while your waiting, you can take your time looking at all those interesting G's!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Good for your G-SAR. :-!

I also had good experience with our local casio service center when i had my frogman's battery changed.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Hmm .. why do you need to change the battery if it is solar?
Despite advertising that invites you to believe that they don't, rechargeable batteries have a finite life too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PaulE: Thanks! I'm glad yours worked out well too.

Sjors: Definitely worth the extra cost, esp. on the rarer models!;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The ML2016 battery in the solar frogman can be easily found online for around $6.00
Is the storage battery on a G-Shock a user serviceable part? I am curious because I was under the impression that the storage battery in a Citizen Eco-Drive was not really user serviceable and had to be soldered in or some such procedure.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Is the storage battery on a G-Shock a user serviceable part? I am curious because I was under the impression that the storage battery in a Citizen Eco-Drive was not really user serviceable and had to be soldered in or some such procedure.
On most solar models the storage battery should be as easy to change as the standard non-rechargeable battery. I have many solar watches, some over 11 years old and I have never had a solar storage battery die on me yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts