WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. My father gave me this old Omega pocket watch and way back it belonged to my fathers grandfather(!). :)

I guess these aren´t valuable anymore (I will keep it either way) but it´s beautiful to have this kind of watch.

Text inside says Grand Prix, Paris 1900. Text on movement only says Omega and the inside of the cover has a few markings:

(Placed in a square)
N

And some really tiny markings that I can´t read and I assume it is some kind of watchmakers signature.
Does anyone know anything about the markings or the pocket watch overall?

With kind regards Josef

Attachments

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,634 Posts
Very nice inheritance! German silver hallmark on case. Way overdue for a service it appears so please do have it serviced so that you can hand it down in turn!

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
congrats on a nice Omega

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
DSC_0263-1.JPG DSC_0267.JPG DSC_0266.JPG Here are some more Omega movements to keep you company. The movements without the CROSS logo though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Beautiful watch with some damage on dial but nice watch.I hawe 5 Omega pocket watch in mint condition one is in gold case with cronometre mehanism,2 in silver,and 2 military Omegas.
Nice watch for colection but for me only watch for my colection what I buy must be in mint condition.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Beautiful watch with some damage on dial but nice watch.I hawe 5 Omega pocket watch in mint condition one is in gold case with cronometre mehanism,2 in silver,and 2 military Omegas.
Nice watch for colection but for me only watch for my colection what I buy must be in mint condition.
I'll be glad if you can post some photos for us to look at.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is colection of my Omegas pocket watch
Gold Omega

By fotopetar at 2011-02-08

By fotopetar at 2011-02-04

By fotopetar at 2011-02-04
First Omega military with papers of user

By fotopetar at 2010-10-23

Second Omega military

Both Faces and movement in mint condition with original hands only damages on case and glass from use.

Silver Omega one

And second silver Omega mint condition like new from shop

By fotopetar at 2012-02-12

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,012 Posts
Crikey! - that military one is a bit sick! Well, not the watch perhaps, but the owner seems to have pretty well any disease there is in the book(let) filled with a date: Blattern (smallpox), Typhus (typhoid), Cholera.....

The 1920s one with red minute markers is identical to my Zenith - only the movement and name on the dial differ!

Meine-Taschenuhr1.JPG
Meine-Taschenuhr3.JPG

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been passed down just this watch from my father aswell but my watch has a red "12" and not black as seen in the first pictures. I was heard that made it more rare? I could provide with a picture if that would be neccesary.
Please just don't tell me it's a fake!

Regards
Mike

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have been passed down just this watch from my father aswell but my watch has a red "12" and not black as seen in the first pictures. I was heard that made it more rare? I could provide with a picture if that would be neccesary.
Please just don't tell me it's a fake!

Regards
Mike
A picture would be helpful. I have serviced an Omega pocket watch with a red 12, it was from 1904. If you post a picture, please include movement pictures as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ny enkel.jpg ny enkel 2.jpg ny enkel 3.jpg ny enkel 4.jpg ny enkel 5.jpg

Quality may not be the best sorry. It has not been cleaned and not operational since my father was given it so hopefully with an restoration it will breathe again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Bumping a really old one here - but found this thread after looking for info for a pocketwatch which have run in the family for three generations and recently was given to me by my father and my watch looks exactly like this - but WITHOUT the Omega markings on the dial and the movement bridge. The watch was bought in Sweden - probably in the 1910-1920s and case appears to be made of silver and has my relative's name engraved on the back.

When I read around on the Internet - there seem to be appearing similar models of cases and movements named Omega, Longines and Zenith - all with fairly similar variants of the "Grand Prix Paris 1900"-markings. Was this some kind of "certification" or award from the World Exhibition or some commemorative thing? How about the watches without a manufacture name? Were they some "no-name" cheaper variants by made by the same brands?

PS - the number on the movement seems to read: 5105182. Inside the case 5839616 + 0.800 (silver rate I guess), the German hallmark + two service etsings? Think it is 17-45-20 (deliberately crossed over) and 32-00-70 - both very small so the middle numbers are hard to read even with loupe.

Any info here on my heirloom from my great grandfather would be awesome!

Two pictures below:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts