WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys does the GPW-1000 contain resin on the case? I like this model but am afraid of resin rot. I had a previous g-shock crumble in my hand so it was very off-putting. Many thanks :-!

G-Shock-GPW-1000-1A-Side.jpg

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes, this has a hard resin case with soft resin covers and a metal bezel, so is still the possibility of resin rot 20 years down the track, provided you still own it in 20 years time

For resin rot free, you'll need to look at MRGs. I think MTGs might also be exempt from the issue, as the resin used is a harder resin, not the soft resin typically used for bezel and strap

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Yes mate apart from a few bits the whole case is resin and will eventually suffer the same fate, cheers
Resin rot in older BEZELS is a well-documented and wide-spread issue, but has anybody ever had a resin CASE crumble?

On the only G Shock that I have with the problem, the AW-550, the bezel fell apart years ago but the case still seems solid.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Resin rot in older BEZELS is a well-documented and wide-spread issue, but has anybody ever had a resin CASE crumble?

On the only G Shock that I have with the problem, the AW-550, the bezel fell apart years ago but the case still seems solid.
You are right, I've yet to see the hard resin case rot, just the soft bezel. That's why I said MTG might not have the resin rot issue above, and also why I've been looking at Protrek, which is tough enough for my use, and without the soft bezel, will likely last for a few decades

1 - 6 of 6 Posts