WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, my GPW-1000 hour and minute hands stuck every three days or less but after going to setting mode and changing time location it starts working but its not calibrated and it shows incorrect time.
After calibration its ok but if I use gps (T+P) it stops working after one day. I want to know if you have the same experience and what is your suggestion.
Unfortunately Casio has no authorized service in Iran if i want to repair it, i have to rely on other technicians which are not reliable.
20200613_145052.jpg

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, my GPW-1000 hour and minute hands stuck every three days or less but after going to setting mode and changing time location it starts working but its not calibrated and it shows incorrect time.
After calibration its ok but if I use gps (T+P) it stops working after one day. I want to know if you have the same experience and what is your suggestion.
Unfortunately Casio has no authorized service in Iran if i want to repair it, i have to rely on other technicians which are not reliable.
View attachment 15371730
I guess you have a faulty battery there! When you use a lot of power, GPS it stops working! Try let it charge for a week in a window!
If the issue keeps, try a new battery!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you have a faulty battery there! When you use a lot of power, GPS it stops working! Try let it charge for a week in a window!
If the issue keeps, try a new battery!
I thought it might be battery but I checked batt level and it was mid, and the hands stuck without the GPS too but they stop after three days.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Sounds like a weak battery to me man. Have you kept it stored in the dark for a while? Mid-level battery is as good as a low battery in my experience, especially if you're using GPS sync, which drains the battery much more than MB6. Leave it out on a windowsill for a full week, then try to store it in a watch box with a glass top so that it at least gets ambient light.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a weak battery to me man. Have you kept it stored in the dark for a while? Mid-level battery is as good as a low battery in my experience, especially if you're using GPS sync, which drains the battery much more than MB6. Leave it out on a windowsill for a full week, then try to store it in a watch box with a glass top so that it at least gets ambient light.
I thought may be it was battery but if it was batt problem, the second hand would move in two seconds interval and if i dont use gps it it will stops too. Also I should say that when hour and minute hands stop the other functions like second hand, small 24hr clock and day and date are working properly How about gear or motor problem?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
How about gear or motor problem?
If you can't figure it out, you may send it to Casio abroad - if your budget permits.

If there is a problem with the gears, Casio will change the module.

I remember 2x people here on the thread writing about this type of module change repair on their MUDMASTER GWG 1000 and if I remeber correctly, the total was was about $250. Which I find not overly expensive, especially when you consider that you are getting a whole brand new module.

Reactions: behnam

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
@behnam, actually I may have been wrong about the repair cost, but in a good way - it may be even cheaper than $250.

:D

A few years ago, WUS inmate @17 Oaks was quoted about $140 for the module change repair of his Mudmaster. Check post#22 by member @17 Oaks
GWG Mudmaster frozen second hand

I was surprised how 'cheap' this repair cost was. PacParts used to list the module itself listed for $350. I say used to list, because this was a few years ago, before many Casio parts and the module as well became restrictive, meaning a non-sold-to-the-public item.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope it is not gears or something related to module because it is pricey to send and change the module, i surprised that no one had not the same experience.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@behnam, actually I may have been wrong about the repair cost, but in a good way - it may be even cheaper than $250.

A few years ago, WUS inmate @17 Oaks was quoted about $140 for the module change repair of his Mudmaster. Check post#22 by member @17 Oaks
GWG Mudmaster frozen second hand

I was surprised how 'cheap' this repair cost was. PacParts used to list the module itself listed for $350. I say used to list, because this was a few years ago, before many Casio parts and the module as well became restrictive, meaning a non-sold-to-the-public item.
I saw the topic that you mentioned, I want to be sure that it is not batt issue, because I can change the batt in Iran but If I come to conclude that it is gear or module problem then try the other solutions.
Any suggestion?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I hope it is not gears or something related to module because it is pricey to send and change the module, i surprised that no one had not the same experience.
That could be of course hopefully a good sign too with respect to reliability.

I saw the topic that you mentioned, I want to be sure that it is not batt issue, because I can change the batt in Iran but If I come to conclude that it is gear or module problem then try the other solutions.
Any suggestion?
Unfortunately I have no better idea or suggestion other than what was already suggested here by members.

I would try to keep it near a window and under the sun for a couple of days before I sending it in.

Well, perhaps this one related suggestion. I too had issues with my Mudmaster and one of the things that I have done was trying to establish what exacerbates the problem, so that the repair people can easily replicate it and I won't get the watch back with a "could not replicate the problem". What I found that my Mudmasters issue was greatly and quite reliably exacerbated by cold (in our normal household refriderator). So "cold" was part of what I put down on the repair request.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
if there were many others then it would be a manufacturing fault but the gpw's have been rock solid performers.

giving it a full charge is always a good place to start, esp. if youre planning on fiddling with it alot.

what happens when you manually set the time without using gps? when its stuck can use change mods to move the hands?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That could be of course hopefully a good sign too with respect to reliability.

Unfortunately I have no better idea or suggestion other than what was already suggested here by members.

I would try to keep it near a window and under the sun for a couple of days before I sending it in.

Well, perhaps this one related suggestion. I too had issues with my Mudmaster and one of the things that I have done was trying to establish what exacerbates the problem, so that the repair people can easily replicate it and I won't get the watch back with a "could not replicate the problem". What I found that my Mudmasters issue was greatly and quite reliably exacerbated by cold (in our normal household refriderator). So "cold" was part of what I put down on the repair request.
Thanks, I did not understand cold causes what problem to your watch?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if there were many others then it would be a manufacturing fault but the gpw's have been rock solid performers.

giving it a full charge is always a good place to start, esp. if youre planning on fiddling with it alot.

what happens when you manually set the time without using gps? when its stuck can use change mods to move the hands?
Why I think it is gear or module because sometimes after stopping hands when I try to calibrate it wont stops on 12 o'clock, for example it stops on 9.45, but after several try it calibrated successfully. and sometimes I can calibrate properly in the first try. It was a lesson for me do not buy used watch.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Might be of some relevance:

Reactions: behnam and WES51

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Thanks, I did not understand cold causes what problem to your watch?
In my case the second hand would randomly stop. Sometimes it could go days without stopping. I found out that cold temperatures did reliably exacerbate and replicate the issue.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thanks, last night i saw the video, I have followed his channel for a long time. great video by the way. I commented to disassemble the module if its possible.
He has before, I think he did on a Mudmaster which should be similar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts