WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it still a good idea to buy a GPW-1000 Kandahar edition? I mean, there shouldn't be any problems with the watch being an older model? It has a good price on it, just can't check it out as it's sold by a webshop in Germany. Living in the Netherlands myself, the watch isn't available anymore.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
If you can handle the size go for it.

Think I know the store if we are thinking Alike?

They've had that up on discount for ages and often have 20% site discounts.
I ordered it a while back but cancelled after remembering how big they are on the wrist.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can handle the size go for it.

Think I know the store if we are thinking Alike?

They've had that up on discount for ages and often have 20% site discounts.
I ordered it a while back but cancelled after remembering how big they are on the wrist.
Yes, we're thinking the same!
I've had the Rangeman, that was doable on the wrist. Sold it because it had so much features i didn't use and eventually ended up selling it for another watch.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The GPW-1000 is one of my all-time favorite Master of G lines. They just ooze quality in build and design. They are large watches, but more comfortable than the GWF-D1000 Frogs in my experience because of the strap design.

There were complaints by some owners of the carbon-fiber band starting to shed resin over time (where the buckle rubs against the strap), but I have not seen this issue with the two that I own.

IMAG1934.jpg

IMG_20190713_130557.jpg

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GPW-1000 is one of my all-time favorite Master of G lines. They just ooze quality in build and design. They are large watches, but more comfortable than the GWF-D1000 Frogs in my experience because of the strap design.

There were complaints by some owners of the carbon-fiber band starting to shed resin over time (where the buckle rubs against the strap), but I have not seen this issue with the two that I own.

View attachment 14535861

View attachment 14535877
They look really badass! I'm in serious doubt between this GPW-1000 and the new GWR-B1000. I really like the monocoque design case and the legibility.
But this Kandahar series is also very nice!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
They look really badass! I'm in serious doubt between this GPW-1000 and the new GWR-B1000. I really like the monocoque design case and the legibility.
But this Kandahar series is also very nice!
I own the GWR as well, which is a great watch with interesting materials, but like T4P I prefer the weight of these older models. The olive green & orange colorway of the one you chose is awesome. If I were to buy a 3rd, I'd pick that one.

Reactions: AlexxvD

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I've had both the GPW-1000KH and a GPW-2000 and I feel that the GPW-1000KH has more interesting details in it. The GPW-2000 looked almost boring in comparison. If you can get the KH, I say go for it.

Here it is wearing GPW-1000-2A resin

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saved you the decision. Can't leave candy in front of a child.

I know it's too big. I have issues...
Aha! It was you! Went home from work and went to check out my shopping cart, but it was gone! At least show me some pictures when it arrives, wear it in good health!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Don't know how many they had but I left it a few hours after posting but it stayed in the back of my mind. Like a crack addict...

Allike store. 25% off everything.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Aha! It was you! Went home from work and went to check out my shopping cart, but it was gone! At least show me some pictures when it arrives, wear it in good health!
Don't know how many they had but I left it a few hours after posting but it stayed in the back of my mind. Like a crack addict...

Allike store. 25% off everything.
LOL, posting about a watch prospect on F17 is like tossing red meat into a den of lions. With CC being Mufasa. :-d

Reactions: CC and AlexxvD

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL, posting about a watch prospect on F17 is like tossing red meat into a den of lions. With CC being Mufasa. :-d
No hard feelings here! Was a little bit busy at work, then receiverd the discount code in my email, saw it was in stock. Then when i checked at home, CC was ahead of me .

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
No hard feelings here! Was a little bit busy at work, then receiverd the discount code in my email, saw it was in stock. Then when i checked at home, CC was ahead of me .
Don't worry. He'll take delivery and remember why he didn't like it, then sell it to you for a discount.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't worry. He'll take delivery and remember why he didn't like it, then sell it to you for a discount.
I know the feeling of buying a watch i like, but remembering it doesn't fit me or i just get bored with it. Happens too much.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
LOL! Not that I didn't like it, it's a great model, was just too big. We'll see how it goes now I'm wearing bigger than before.

I did give him a few hours head start ;-)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Yeah you did, fair enough!
From what I've seen over the years, there are often great deals on the KH, so more deals will definitely pop up if you still want one down the line. I think Casio just has a high stock of this particular model. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts