WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting about that time again, so let's see everyone's idea for a graduation watch to gift a friend who isn't really into watches. One of my good friends said he wanted to try to get into watches, so I'm planning on getting him a Seiko SNX113K, figured it was a good way to get into watches (here the necessary picture)

Any plans for non watches lovers, or normal watch fanatics I guess, and graduation this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Another good alternative might be something from Orient watches. They also have in-house movements, decent quality and are really affordable. :)

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Real good idea! My guy wants to keep it dressy, so this is probably out. But I would think this could turn a lot of people into watch fanatics. Any body who gets it is real lucky.
Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I just think it's harder to pick out something dressy that suits another person's taste. For someone who is of graduate age, they are likely to spend more time in casual than dress wear, and for a non-watch person the Seiko 007 is the perfect "gateway" watch.

However, I'll throw the blue Orient Bambino 3rd generation out there as a dress watch...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

3rd Orient Bambino Variant – ER2400LD | Yeoman's Watch Review

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I just think it's harder to pick out something dressy that suits another person's taste. For someone who is of graduate age, they are likely to spend more time in casual than dress wear, and for a non-watch person the Seiko 007 is the perfect "gateway" watch.

However, I'll throw the blue Orient Bambino 3rd generation out there as a dress watch...

View attachment 3216026

3rd Orient Bambino Variant – ER2400LD | Yeoman's Watch Review
:pI have never seen a blue bambino before! That is super cool, I may to get one for my own collection! And this guy, and myself actually, are under pretty odd circumstance were we travel every weekend and have to wear suits. Thats where the dress watch came in, and no matter how many times I drop the "dress watches typically go on leather bands" line, he still wants metal. To me at least, the Bambino doesn't look really hot on metal (but amazing on leather), and the seiko does. But this thread isn't just about suggestions for me, just what some really awesome gift watches for those getting in watch game, or already submersed.

·
Premium Member
73,516 Posts
I personally think the Bambino is the best thing since sliced bread but have to agree. To me it looks best on a strap so I would be inclined to go the 5 route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts