WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2CCAU.E03B.jpg

Orange may be the new black, but camo is definitely the new dial for high-end watches. Now GRAHAM have joined in and produced the Chronofighter Oversize Black Arrow with distinctive military style fatigues on a silkscreen printed dial.

Each dial is engraved with a unique identification number on the seconds counter, based on regimental numbers. The hallmark start and stop lever on the left of the case is made of plain carbon material which provides the watch with more stiffness and enhanced usability.

Also, each watch is endowed with a calculated telemeter scale. It can measure distances to the speed of sound by starting the chronograph when a visible event occurs (e.g. lightning, explosion) and stop it when the sound reaches the observer (e.g. thunder, deflagration).

GRAHAM Chronofighter Oversize Black Arrow.jpg

As the temperature influences the speed of sound, GRAHAM engineers have based their calculations on 25°C, the average temperature on Earth. The distance in kilometres can be measured on the dial thanks to the scale rim (346 m/s).

Robustly made, the 47mm Chronofighter Oversize Black Arrow has a scratch proof black ceramic bezel. For measuring purposes there’s a choice between Celcius/km and Fahrenheit/miles. The watch is powered by a G1747 automatic bi-compax chronograph movement (a flipped and modified ETA 7750) with a 48 hour power reserve. It comes on a quality rubber strap with Clous de Paris tactile grip.

Visit the GRAHAM website

·
Registered
30,181 Posts
Yikes!!!! They do take the term "Oversize" quite literally........

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Orange may be the new black, but camo is definitely the new dial for high-end watches. Now GRAHAM have joined in
Uhh, Mike, I'll let the orange remark go, but can you provide a little back up to the claim that " camo is definitely the new dial for high-end watches".

Did I miss a new camo offerings from Sohne? Pequet? Bruguet? Rolex? Omega?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Maybe it blows up when the Granade handle is lifted...........

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I have to admit I like Grahams. Maybe not the camo, but I strapped on a Chronofighter with a Pepsi bezel in Scottsdale last week, and I though it was pretty cool, in a fun/wacky kind of way.

DSC04368.jpg

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
Well, I only hope that in watches, as with clothing, camo styling represents the design aesthetic that appears when the designers have run out of ideas, the upside being that after doing the camo-thing, someone figures out something that ends up being pretty cool.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Blech.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts