1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41,253 Posts
I call them, hand-granade watches, looks like another LE. It's powered by
an ETA 7750, it's big and it's an attention getter. Last I heard they were
trying to get their production up to 500/yr. This was from my rep about
three years. Can allmost be the poster watch for overpriced watches. The
chrono controls are on the left for use with big gloves on Lancasters during WWII, so the story goes.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
They are expensive. Have you visited the Graham website to see what grade movements, crystal type, case construction, etc. they use?

·
Registered
26,432 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
more like 8k-10k, but then you get it for 50% off and it is in the 5k ranges as RJ stated. THESE are HEAVILY discounted and 50% is not uncommon. This is a turn off for me, not that I would be it the market for one anyway.

I do find them interesting to look at and they are all LE so nothing special there.

·
Registered
41,253 Posts
:-d I used to call the Swordfish, The Bug-Eyed Sprite.
more like 8k-10k, but then you get it for 50% off and it is in the 5k ranges as RJ stated. THESE are HEAVILY discounted and 50% is not uncommon. This is a turn off for me, not that I would be it the market for one anyway.

I do find them interesting to look at and they are all LE so nothing special there.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
yeah Stephen and Sandra own one, theyre some of the nicest people youll ever talk to. im sure theyll go out of their way to give you an honest opinion on their new purchase.

man that couple has one of the sickest collections ive ever seen! They probably put the Bathy's owner's kid through college singlehandidly! :-d

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
I've got nothing constructive or helpful to add, but I just wanted to make note that I think they are the sweetest lookin' watches hands down! I love the crown protection devices on them.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
First off thanks for everyone's kind words. We try to help when we can.

We do not have the oversized. We have seen them at our AD.

We have a Graham Chronofighter. We picked it up second hand. It is built like a tank. Really is a great conversation piece when one of us is wearing it.

Here are some shots of it.

Stephen's wrist shot.

Sandra's wrist shot.

Lune shot.

And now the packaging.

I wore it this week and really do enjoy wearing it. It is very comfortable.

Stephen

·
Registered
277 Posts
Graham watches are a legendary name.
I just finished the book "Longitude," and George Graham comes up frequently, cited in more than a half dozen instances in the short read, as the London watchmaker that enabled the Harrisons to build the first accurate sea clocks and first accurate, sea -voyage -capable pocket watches that many believe gave the British Navy enough advantage to build their empire.
It's a short, fun read, if you're interested in watches.
That watch is awesome, as are many of their designs. I don't know a lot about all their designs, but the half dozen I've seen 'in the flesh,' are impressive...some day maybe...some year...

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
First off thanks for everyone's kind words. We try to help when we can.

We do not have the oversized. We have seen them at our AD.

We have a Graham Chronofighter. We picked it up second hand. It is built like a tank. Really is a great conversation piece when one of us is wearing it.

Here are some shots of it.

Stephen's wrist shot.

Sandra's wrist shot.

Lune shot.

And now the packaging.

I wore it this week and really do enjoy wearing it. It is very comfortable.

Stephen
It's a beautiful watch, i was considering one at some point, i'll surely end up with buying an oversized model someday ;-)
Meanwhile, i'd like to say that it's sweet to see a couple sharing the same passion and hobbies, not common for sure, usually wives and girlfriends don't follow always their men's things (at least my gf don't and she think i'm insane spending all the $$$ in such things) i do enjoy collecting pens and watches and hope someday my girl will appreciate that :-s

Cheers.

P.S: Very nice collection you've got, Bravo!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I think that chronofighter model there has an MSRP of something like $9,200, but as others have said, you can probably find a pretty deep discount. I think Graham watches have an incredible look to them. Unfortunately, they are just too dang big for me. If Graham made their models in more like a 44mm size I would be a lot more interested. They have a brand new chronograph tourbillon model that is just amazing looking.

Regards,
-Jeff

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
It's a beautiful watch, i was considering one at some point, i'll surely end up with buying an oversized model someday ;-)
Meanwhile, i'd like to say that it's sweet to see a couple sharing the same passion and hobbies, not common for sure, usually wives and girlfriends don't follow always their men's things (at least my gf don't and she think i'm insane spending all the $$$ in such things) i do enjoy collecting pens and watches and hope someday my girl will appreciate that :-s

Cheers.

P.S: Very nice collection you've got, Bravo!
:thanks Yes, it is very nice to have a better-half that enjoys the same hobbies as I do.

BTW, right back at you fantastic collection you have!!!!! |>|>

Stephen

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Graham watches are a legendary name.
I just finished the book "Longitude," and George Graham comes up frequently, cited in more than a half dozen instances in the short read, as the London watchmaker that enabled the Harrisons to build the first accurate sea clocks and first accurate, sea -voyage -capable pocket watches that many believe gave the British Navy enough advantage to build their empire.
It's a short, fun read, if you're interested in watches.
That watch is awesome, as are many of their designs. I don't know a lot about all their designs, but the half dozen I've seen 'in the flesh,' are impressive...some day maybe...some year...
Thanks for the reminder! I had totally forgot the connection to Harrison's Grasshopper clocks and the "pocket watches"

Comitti of London reproduction of the Grasshopper:

Stephen

·
Registered
172 Posts
50% off NEW!!!......Msrp?? I've seem them used/secondhand for 1/2 off but 50% off new, that would be nice. Must easier to be new than to try and find a used one.

Most of them are 46mm. Is that their "oversized" watch? Or is that the smaller one.

I've always admired Grahams, only ever seem pictures until a few weeks ago. I was at Tourneau in L.V. and they had a display of 8 or so. All I can say is WOW, they are absolutely stunning to look at. I'd have to say that they are on the top of my list..............holy grail as far as I'm concerned.

I came ohhh so close to pulling the trigger. The "f**k it, only live once" attitude almost made me do it. But buying from Tourneau in Vegas is probably the most expensive AD to purchase from.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I came ohhh so close to pulling the trigger. The "f**k it, only live once" attitude almost made me do it. But buying from Tourneau in Vegas is probably the most expensive AD to purchase from.

I was about to do that in Vegas with a Breitling, but even with the booze in me I was able to figure out that buying when I got home was a better idea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts