WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah. They look like they have a cappuccino machine attached to the case. Some are kinda cool looking, but also look a little silly. Many have good movements.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Anyone heard of Graham Watches? Are they any good? I don't know how English watches compare to the Swiss ones.
Good? Yes. A bit overpriced and faddish (oversized, and there is that "cappuccino machine" on them...) in my book, but I don't dispute that Graham are well made watches.

BUT, Graham is not an English company. It is a Swiss company that holds the rights to the old British Company's name. Buying a modern Graham and calling it English would be like buying a modern Hamilton and calling it American.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Taste aside, they make a good watch with nice movements mainly modified off of a Valjoux 7750. Not all have the "cappuccino machine" on them, for instance the Silverstone Stowe. That said, the gray market kills this watch or at least brings it down in price to where the MSRP should begin IMO. Most seem to run around 9-12K and then discounted about 50% pretty consistently throughout the www.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Another well know Watch Company that uses ETA I've seen on Jewerly Row In Chicago . But are going to pay 11.000.00 for Eta base move new WOW. Go to Time Zone watch Reviews.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My understanding (because I've not handled one) is that they are nice watches. I, personally, do not like their looks (nor their prices) so I don't think about them much.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I have handled some - the watches (head) are all well made, solid - if you can live with the cappucino machine. Design - a matter of personal taste, but one should consider the possibility to snag something with that lever.

Considering the price of the watch the NATO style band on this Chronofighter is not too well done:

And instead of having the cappuccino machine attached other models do wear safety goggles - it does not really improve the readability:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bit of an aquired taste - they seem to have gone for very garish designs. I have this Graham Oxford, which they've now discontinued and it's a great dress watch.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
And instead of having the cappuccino machine attached other models do wear safety goggles - it does not really improve the readability:
Safety goggles, now that is funny!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've always admired Graham watches and I can see myself purchasing one in the future. I like the Swordfish model.

While visiting Tourneau in Vegas last year they have a whole dispaly case of Graham watches......................they are absolutely stunning in person.

Like Nasty1 mentioned gray market plays a major role wity these watches. DO NOT pay even close to MSRP. They can be purchased easily for 50% off. Find one that is LNIB but slightly used would be the route that would appeal to me the most.

At full pop they are overpriced but @ 3K-4K..........neat watch for the kind of dough.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Bit of an aquired taste - they seem to have gone for very garish designs. I have this Graham Oxford, which they've now discontinued and it's a great dress watch.

Thats a good looking dress watch. |>

I personally find many of the new Graham watches look like the horological version of a concept car - interesting experiement but am surprised they went to manufacture!

s

1 - 15 of 15 Posts