WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by Holger's review, I hunted down and purchased a Casio SPF-60S-1VER Sea Pathfinder. I got it from Which Watch on E-bay, a retailer I recommend highly. At least for now the search is over! This is the best Casio I have ever had. I won't re-review it, but the looks and functionality are unmatched IMHO. Of course, it's personal taste. I don't need solar or atomic, so I am completely happy with the watch. A compass I carry anyway when I hike, so I don't need that. I live on the coast, so an altimeter is kinda unnecessary, but it is fun in the White Mountains when I go. The big draw for me was the ana-digit display. I'm a big fan, and I think Casio executed this one pretty well. The digital part is huge and very readable, and it has the usual features: 5 alarms, stopwatch, auto backlight, CDT with multiple warning beeps as you get closer, etc. I also really like a bezel on a watch.
The negatives? There is some play in the bezel, and some might wish it had atomic/ solar. And it's big, so it might not be comfortable for all. Anyway, I haven't taken it off, and I use it all the time. If it's your thing, just go and get one. It is a fantastic watch and you won't be disappointed. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!
Best Regards,
P

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great looking watch. I've been purchasing shocks and pathfinders for about a year and a half (all digital) and caught a bit of a ani digi bug. Been looking a long time now and I have to say all my purchases but two (GD100-1A AND GD 100MS-1) have been solar and or atomic. With this watch it doesn't matter. I'll gladly change out the batteries on that beautiful beast. Please can you let me know where I can pick one up. I know they're only sold in Europe but every site I've been to is sold out and or does not know if they will be re-issued. I would appreciate any kind of feedback. Peace----- PBro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts