WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first foray into the world of vintage divers, her for your eyes is a 7549-7009 seiko golden tuna 600m diver on an ocean 7 ploprof style strap which has been trimmed down a bit to fit the lugs, from 24mm to 22mm.

Well this little baby finally came home from Jack at IWW. Jack got this guy running, pressure test, changed the crystal, cleaned the hands and face, relumed hands and face, fixed the bezel and replaced bezel spring so it clicks with the proper friction. I am very happy with the work done and this thing looks mint now. I would highly recommend his work.

Here it is on the wrist.

I really like the look of the isofrane style strap and I feel it completes the vintage look of the watch, although it is a minor deal I would like to do something with the buckle to help it match the watch better. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I recently bought one myself and LOVE IT!!! Such a beast. Actually but powder coated a deployant clasp in satin/flat black so it match a bit better then the silver.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
You guys are the envy of this forum right now.
I'm happy for you guys. I wish it was me showing the love. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
A huge congratulations on your 7549 golden Tuna!

I'm sure you will be blown away with the quality you will see in these vintage seiko's of yesteryear, and now that you have gotten this fine grail I'm sure the hook has been well planted, and the world of vintages Seikos will follow you forever more.

Nice watch & Jack's the man,
Jimmy

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Props to Jack!! HE comes highly recommended from me on the work he did on this watch. If anyone is looking to get a watch refurbished I recommend him.

Also yes I am done for, I have almost decided all my future watch purchases are vintage seikos, I pretty much have my next 10 000 dollars of watchs funds spent on future vintage seikos. I think the mm 300 is next up for me, I watch the one that is inspired from the first mm with the gold indices.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
An awesome piece!

I'm finding it hard to pick my jaw off the floor-- a little help please!

:p Wow! What an outstanding Vintage! b-)

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Re: An awesome piece!

Drool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts