WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in the mail today. Been wanting a Railmaster for nearly ten years now, and I went for it this weekend. 2503.52 in 39 mm. Such an understated, beautiful watch. The bracelet is extremely comfortable! Now to find a nice strap for it. I would like the original brown alligator strap with a deployant clasp that the 2803.52 came with, but that is crazy expensive. Anyone got any tips for a good alternative with the same look?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Congratulations on your new Railmaster!! That ones on it's way to becoming a classic. You have exquisite taste.

That's the Railmaster I initially fell in love with, but finding one in 36mm was becoming very difficult. As a result of it's cult following, and it's scarcity on the preowned market, the prices were climbing significantly for pristine examples.

When the 60th Anniversary Railmaster was released I thought that was even more perfect, but it was a limited edition and I didn't think I had a chance of getting my hands on one. However, thanks to a SA at the AD I deal with I was able to acquire one, and I'm extremely happy with it;

20201014_091155.jpg

I hope you get as much joy from yours as I do from mine. Congrats again.

René

ps. Save up for the oem gator and deployant. That watch deserves it, and you'll love it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations on your new Railmaster!! That ones on it's way to becoming a classic. You have exquisite taste.

That's the Railmaster I initially fell in love with, but finding one in 36mm was becoming very difficult. As a result of it's cult following, and it's scarcity on the preowned market, the prices were climbing significantly for pristine examples.

When the 60th Anniversary Railmaster was released I thought that was even more perfect, but it was a limited edition and I didn't think I had a chance of getting my hands on one. However, thanks to a SA at the AD I deal with I was able to acquire one, and I'm extremely happy with it;

I hope you get as much joy from yours as I do from mine. Congrats again.

René

ps. Save up for the oem gator and deployant. That watch deserves it, and you'll love it.
Yours looks stunning!

I will eventually get the original strap, I just need a close approximation for now :)

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I agree with those of you who say it’s understated. I for one can’t fathom why it isn’t more popular. IMO it looks so much better than most of the regular Aqua Terras.

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations. Great watch. I had one for a while but had to let it go. Still regret it.
This is a keeper for me, it will never be sold.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Will admit, I know very little about Railmasters, but that is a lovely watch. Well wear.
Off to to do some research!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts