WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe because a sale of one of these watches is as explosive as the "Holy handgrenade of antioch"??

Victor

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Pity it has a german date.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Incorrect! It has a German _day_ wheel, not date.

Pity it has a german date.
Incorrect! It has a German day wheel, the date wheel are nigh universal arabic numerals...

I used to get the day wheels swapped to English, since my early collecting days I've found it's far easier and cheaper to just learn the abbreviations for the days in the six or so most commonly seen languages [French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, etc.].

Day wheel language translations...
home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/day-wheel.html

But if it kills the deal for any of ya it's just less competition for other bidders.

Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

·
Registered
523 Posts
That's the third one I've seen in less then 2 weeks on Ebay...
Another one in Germany ended at €3554 (about $5200) which was way less then I was expecting in these post Omega Mania days... Auction HERE

And then there is THIS guy who seems to want to really cash in on the mentioned Omega Mania price explosion... Good luck with that buy-it-now price dude!

That doesn't change the fact that the 376.0822 is still my personal holy grail though.. b-)

Mark

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Re: Incorrect! It has a German _day_ wheel, not date.

Good Lord, Chuck, is there NOTHING you haven't analyzed and cataloged??? :-d Memorize multiple foreign language abbreviations on a day wheel? You gotta be kidding me. Man, I'm lucky they let me out of the house with car keys in the morning.... Happy to be one of the beneficiaries of your extensive work. Best, John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts