WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What is the base of the calibre 6 of tag? Would you recommend it? Considering purchasing it over omega seamaster pro. Thanks for the feedback!ü

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
See the sticky at the top of the forum. Very good movement.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
quite confusing sticky though. :-d so how does the grand carrera calibre 6 fair? is it a good watch?
Part of the confusion is people keep making irrelevant posts in the thread. We would have to lock it to prevent that from continuing which I don't want to do.

Enrico and I will clean it up someday. I deleted your post there because you asked the same question here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about that moderator.

so is the grand carrera cal 6rs a good watch to buy? im considering buying it over omega's smp which has a co axial chronometer. any opinions will be much appreciated. ;-)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
They are definitely different designs. Quality wise they are pretty much identical.

The GC scores more points in the uniqueness category. You will probably not see a Grand Carrera on someone elses wrist as much as you would the Omega. I would rather have a large rotating seconds hand (as opposed to the rotating dial), but that is subjective. In that case I would get the GC GMT.

You cant lose either way. Good luck on deciding, that is half the fun. :-!

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
All Grand Carreras are COSC chonometers so that's a wash. Whether co-ax is an upgrade, well plent of problems reported with those so just because it's a fancy word doesn't make it better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i have heard of the problems that the coaxial escapement has. im just wondering which would be the best. true that accuracy is not really a factor due to the fact they are both chronometers. do tag make better watches than an omega or vise versa? because usually people see that omega is a more "superior" watch than tag, at least in our country.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
yeah i have heard of the problems that the coaxial escapement has. im just wondering which would be the best. true that accuracy is not really a factor due to the fact they are both chronometers. do tag make better watches than an omega or vise versa? because usually people see that omega is a more "superior" watch than tag, at least in our country.
The Grand Carrera line is at least equal to to Omega. You would be hard pressed to see any mfg differences between the two.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the insights everyone. im planning to buy it this november or december. ill post a pic as soon as i have it. i still need time to think and consider a lot of things before buying it and i also need some more opnions about is build quality and craftsmanship. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts