WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have my GC17 for several months now (on steel) and I'm thinking to get a strap (black one).
What do you think... do you like GC17 more on strap or steel?

P.S. Any wrist shot with GC17 (white face/strap) will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I think the best look for this watch is black dial and black strap. I see you have the silver dial and would suggest the brown strap. This is a heavy watch and think it is better balanced with the steel bracelet, though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought a black faced version of this watch with the steel bracelet, and would love to have a black strap with this.

Sorry to thread jack, but is changing the straps do-able by myself? I've seen so many strap sites, but very few list GC as an option. Perhaps I am just missing the size I need to be looking at. 22mm?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I like 17RS with white face more than with black one. About brown strap, isn't for me. I prefer to wear black clothes (most of the time) so the black will be perfect, i guess. I will probably order black FC6225 for it and wear it some time. I can steel swap it to steel :)

@etm124: yes you must look for 22mm strap wide, you can find online some straps for it, but as an owner of GC I will put OEM strap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just sold my 17RS, but I had it with brown leather strap. I think either black or brown looks very sharp, and maybe a touch less flashy than SS bracelet.. One thing I found when I was browsing was that to my wrist, the leather strap made the watch wearing "bigger". So you want to check out the comparison if it matters to you. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lurch1833.
I would like if it looked "bigger". I just not want to look too dressy because I'm "casual".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts