WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase my first nice Swiss made watch. The new Grand Carrera cal.17 Chrono has caught my eye several times and in on my top list of watches. Anyone here have this watch? how do you like it?

I'd like to ask some of you Tag Heuer collectors, How well do Tag's finish their movements? How is their overall quality compared to Omega (i'm sure this is asked a lot). I read that the cal. 17 is based upon the eta 2894-2. Any comments on this movement vs. a Valjoux 7750?

My local Tag AD's have it listed at $4995 cnd. Friends and wife think that's a bit much for a Tag, I assume the Grand Carrera is in Tag's higher end line? What's the typical discount, if any, should I be looking/asking for?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I been checking this thread because I'm also interested in this watch. CAV511A.BA0902 is only available in Japan<|, it won't be available until spring 08 in U.S.o| going price from an AD in Japan is $5200ish. I would really like to get some opinions on this watch as I value as much feedback as possible.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think that it is a great looking watch and, in my experience, the higher end TAGs (this is one of them), have very good finish. As far as worth, who is to say? This is on the high end for a TAG for sure, but if you like the watch better than an Omega, Rolex, etc... then it is worth it to you.

By "cnd" I assume you mean Canadian dollars. If so, there are dealers in Toronto that will deal, not sure elsewhere. People generally won't name specific dealers and the discounts they are willing to offer for fear of getting the AD in trouble with TAG. I got a good deal from my Toronto based dealer, PM me if you are interested in info.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
this is a stunning piece, the peize is perfect, for what it is, an new model by an excellent swiss watchmaker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So beautiful!
The more and more I see it, the more and more convinced I am that this should be my first Tag...
I guess the look of this piece of art justifies the price difference with the Link Calibre 16 I am also considering...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have been looking at this piece. Everytime I see it I realize this is the watch I want. If I could just get my hands on one.

I hate to sound stupid but I have seen many references to AD. I'm not familiar with this colloquialism. The only people I have found were salepeople who knew less about what they were selling than I.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts