WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Grand Carrera Cal 8 (automatic) is running fast- 1.5 - 2.0 hours every 24 hours cycle. I dont use this watch frequently and had bought it from Macys. Its been 2.5 years and Macys says its not covered anymore and they will have to send it to TAG Heuer to get an estimate. Called up TAG as well and the answer was same. They said the repair will start anywhere from $260 and can go up to $750 depending on the issue. They said it might be magnetic. I stay in Atlanta, GA and need suggestions. Can a local repair shop fix it? Pls suggest.

Paul

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sounds like it could have been magnetized. This causes the balance spring to shorten and causes the watch to run fast. Any local watch repair should have a demagnetizer machine to see if this fixes the problem.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I agree that a demag would be the first thing to check. It is not quite due for an overhall so have a local watchmaker demag it first and see if it gets back to what ever traditional accuracy it had prior to this issue.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
You can buy a Demagnetizer on eBay for about $15. If this is the only problem it will save you a few bucks. If you still have issues you can bring it in for repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts