WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, as the title says, I see there is now a GMT version of the 9F. Finally Seiko have added an independently adjustable hour hand to the 9F!

I have been wanting a GMT HAQ for a while and so far I have had to rely on the 8F56.

The next step will be to replicate the 8F56's perpetual calendar.

I suppose this would put GS in competition with Longines when their VHP GMT finally comes out (especially the 5 SPY GS variant). No 'smart crown' but at least it has 100m WR.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 5 SPY LE will be available fairly soon. And in any case the year is practically over.

I remember my first 8F56 with both a 24hr chapter ring and 24hr rotating bezel (plus compass markings and a lively yellow colour to the dial). Anyway, I found the rotating bezel to be particularly useful. The main time was set to Hong Kong time (where I lived); the GMT hand was set to GMT (where my parents live (allowing a minor inconvenience for BST)); and I could rotate the bezel when travelling on business (or to compensate for the BST annoyance when not travelling on business).

Ok, so the 20 SPY rate wasn't much to write home about but it was crudely adjustable via pattern cutting and the perpetual calendar with date that changes at midnight was very much more useful than the 9F's 1/2000s date change that happens at some random time between 00.00 and 00.05. Oh, and the ten year battery life was rather better than the 9F's 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts