WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1753 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love my Grand Seiko on bracelet that they came with. However since I use a laptop all day, bracelet just gets in the way and get scratched by the edge of the laptop. So the reasonable thing to do is straps.

I'm sure there are others GS owners that wears their watches with straps instead of bracelet. Would love to see this thread grow to be a reference guide for others that want to walk on the strap side. So let's see some Grand Seiko on straps.

I'll start with SBGH039 (21mm lug width) on a horse leather NATO strap I already have. I'm just cycling some extra straps I have already to get a feel before I purchase any specific strap for this GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't have thought that combination would be a look one could pull off, but it actually works pretty well. The dial color and the strap complement each other nicely.

Also, it feels like an odd observation to make, but the stitching on the strap looks really even and carefully done. Seems like a lot of the time the thread ties on leather NATOs pinch the material.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wouldn't have thought that combination would be a look one could pull off, but it actually works pretty well. The dial color and the strap complement each other nicely.

Also, it feels like an odd observation to make, but the stitching on the strap looks really even and carefully done. Seems like a lot of the time the thread ties on leather NATOs pinch the material.
I was just as surprised that it will work at all. :) NATO and GS, almost an oxymoron. Then again you see plenty of Rolex pull off the NATO look successively, so why not GS. Will continue to try different straps until I find one that really work well. Some will be total duds, some will be meh, but so far its off to a good start. Life is way to short to not experiment with something as simple as straps. BTW, the NATO is a Panatime, they make quality stuff.

Reactions: TomTB

·
Registered
148 Posts
i too, have been looking for a strap for my GS.
I am only interested in one with curved ends.

Have contacted a couple GS dealers over several months and
received no response to my queries.

Last week, I came across this forum and contacted the site sponsor, Topper.

Today, Andrea at Topper and I discussed the possibility of finding one..
She is searching for the correct one for my watch....My impression of Topper
is that they are willing to go the distance to find the strap I am looking for....Apparently,
it is not as easy as one might think.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Would love to see what is out there. Been looking for a nice strap to complement my SBGH001 - need a strap to diminish the pesky gap btw side of case and end of strap.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Well you can always try out Dangerous9 or Atilla Aszodi for handcrafted bespoke strap made to your desired specifications

·
Premium Member
36,316 Posts
Never seen one on a Nato before, but it works nicely and looks good.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW the 21mm lug width limits the selection of options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is another strap. Not feeling it. The stitching near the lug are a distraction to how clean the watch looks. But overall I think a nice reddish saddle brown color is the right direction.

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

·
Registered
175 Posts
I prefer to wear my Grand Seikos on straps as well. But with 19mm lugs, I find it hard though to find decent straps that would match the quality of the watch and long enough for my wrist. I currently have my watches on good enough leathers I found in Japan but I'm waiting on custom croc straps I ordered.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I am a bracelet guy through and through... but THAT is a sharp look, for both of them.

I prefer to wear my Grand Seikos on straps as well. But with 19mm lugs, I find it hard though to find decent straps that would match the quality of the watch and long enough for my wrist. I currently have my watches on good enough leathers I found in Japan but I'm waiting on custom croc straps I ordered.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
The lugs on this one are 19mm, and yeah, it's a 20mm strap. Bit tight but it worked ok. The strap is called Cobra Aviator. I picked it up from an online shop in Japan a few years ago. Strangely I can't find anything about the company online now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here are some old pic's of GS on strap from my photobucket.

SBGR023 on a 19mm GS-strap

Snowflake is 20mm so there is a lot of straps for it.

the Spring Drive chrono is 21mm, the black racing strap is thick so the gap between strap and watch is reduced.

SBGE021 is also 21mm

22mm NATO

22mm Isofrane

SBGR085 19mm came with both bracelet and leather strap.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome collection on straps! Love your photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 1753 Posts