WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a very busy last couple of weeks preparing for a visit from Seiko for our Grand Seiko Roadshow, things are finally close to settling down here at AZ Fine Time. The show was a tremendous success. Thank you to everyone who made it and viewed our live feed. I have quite a few pictures from the event and felt it was only appropriate to share. Unfortunately, I did not have time to sort the pics in chronological order, but you'll get the idea.

I hope you all enjoy!

GSRS2011-1 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-10 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-11 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-12 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-13 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-14 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

As you may know, during the event, Seiko brought in one of 6 master watchmakers who are skilled enough to construct the Spring Drive movement. This year the watchmaker built the 9R86 Grand Seiko Spring Drive Chronograph GMT movement (last year was the 9R65). This movement consists of 416 parts. It was very impressive to see.

GSRS2011-15 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Many autographs were signed to our lucky customers who made purchases during the event.

GSRS2011-16 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-17 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Here we have one of our great customers Frank "MiniDriver" with Mr. Kenji Hagiwara, President of Seiko USA. A big thanks to Frank and Mr. Hagiwara. It was both of their 1st times visiting our store, and I was very glad to hear they had an amazing time.

GSRS2011-18 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-19 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The go to guy Keith, our local sales rep. He works incredibly hard for us, as you will see in this picture.

GSRS2011-2 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-21 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The owner of our store Mitchel (right) with a new customer who came to visit for the Roadshow.

GSRS2011-22 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Lots of watch boxes to be autographed.

GSRS2011-23 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

For the items we sold but didn't have in stock, the watchmaker autographed Seiko 130th Anniversary books.

GSRS2011-20 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Our front cigar humidor, where we handed out complimentary Ashton cigars and Battlehill Scotch. Thanks to Mike for bringing the supplies!

GSRS2011-24 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Our regional sales VP, and another very hard working part of Seiko's staff, Rick explaining Spring Drive to a new high-end Seiko customer.

GSRS2011-25 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The owner of our store Mitchel with Mr. Kenji Hagiwara, President of Seiko USA.

GSRS2011-26 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Mitchel again with Mr. Martin Gormley VP of Seiko USA

GSRS2011-27 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-28 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Never leave home without them...

GSRS2011-29 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Mr. Hideo Fukai, master watchmaker extraordinaire. It was incredibly impressive to see him at work. He definitely makes it look easy.

GSRS2011-3 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-30 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The labor of love that goes into "Zaratsu" polishing you'll find on Grand Seiko and Ananta.

GSRS2011-31 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The 12 step process that it takes to make the dial for SBGA001, SBGE005, and SBGX063. The "Champagne" dial.

GSRS2011-32 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The 6 step process for the SBGA011 dial. Otherwise known as the "Snowflake", or in this case, "Snowfrake". Definitely a bad typo.

GSRS2011-33 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The amazing exploded Spring Drive

GSRS2011-34 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Customers checking out all the unique traits of Grand Seiko and Ananta. Thanks Tim and Jack

GSRS2011-35 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Cigar King, also known as AZ Fine Time, also know as Shavingcreams.com. Whatever you call us, it's all the same.

GSRS2011-36 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-37 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-38 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-39 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-4 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-40 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Mr Fukai hard at work

GSRS2011-41 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Mitchel with Mr. Yosh Kawada, Senior VP of Seiko USA

GSRS2011-42 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Mitchel and Rick

GSRS2011-43 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

As much as I love watches, I could never do his job

GSRS2011-44 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Rick and Mr. Kawada explaining the mechanics that go into their timepieces.

GSRS2011-45 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-46 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-47 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-48 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-49 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Keith (left) and Rick (right). Two of the key guys that helped get us where we are today with Seiko. Thank you for all your hard work.

GSRS2011-5 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-50 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-52 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The magic of Spron

GSRS2011-51 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-53 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-54 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Cigars and Scotch

GSRS2011-55 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Mr. Naoto Nagasaki, an Engineer at Seiko JP, explaining the "Snowflake" to a customer. Mr. Nagasaki did an amazing job of explaining pieces, mechanics, and things to come in the future.

GSRS2011-56 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

The 9R86 GS Spring Drive Chronograph movement in full assembly

GSRS2011-57 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Keith and Joshua, VP here at AZ Fine Time

GSRS2011-58 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

My new toy... SRQ013. I decided to purchase this piece for my personal collection. I can't take my eyes off of the thing.

GSRS2011-59 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

SBGW039 Grand Seiko 130th Anniversary in Platinum.

GSRS2011-6 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-60 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-61 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-62 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

A new found Spring Drive lover (tall guy, black shirt) and his wife speaking with Rick. Thanks John

GSRS2011-63 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-64 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

An education on Spring Drive

GSRS2011-65 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-7 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-8 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

GSRS2011-9 by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Below are some of the autographs given at the event. This wasn't even all the pieces that sold!

Witty'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Witty!

Robert'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Robert!

Mike'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks for doubling up Mike!

Lou'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Lou A.!

LouF'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Lou F.!

Jim'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Jim!

Jerry'sautograph by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Jerry! Your watch will be here soon!

Jeff'sautograph by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Jeff!

Frank'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Another big Thanks to FranK! You helped prove to Seiko that their US based customers are knowledgeable and love the product.

Bruceswatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Bruce!

Dennis'swatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks Dennis!

Andreas'swatches by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

Thanks for doubling up on the LE's Andreas!

Mywatch by JoeAZFT, on Flickr

And myself with Mr. Fukai, my SNR017 and my newly acquired SRQ013.

We'd also like to thank the rest of our customers who purchased during the event and the rest of our wonderful Seiko customers. With out you, a show like this wouldn't be possible. Also, thanks to Ariel Adams from ablogtoread for attending.

And of course, a BIG thanks to SEIKO for putting on such an amazing event!

Be on the lookout for a full length video of the watchmaking, an interview with Mr. Yosh Kawada, and the overall party!

Thanks again for all your support!

PS- We are working on an ALL NEW version of our web site. While our current site has served us well, it's time for an upgrade. We are committed to providing you the with the best on-line experience of any watch company in the business. Here are a few of the improvements that we have in store:
- Enhanced search and site navigation
- Better images and videos
- 360 degree views on select watches
- Watch news and reviews
- And much more!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
great pics and review Joe..;-)

Good to see so many faces at the event.....it should also be noted that the gentleman that picked his GS up in person (glasses and dark red stripped dress shirt) is my good friend and #1 Grand Seiko fan, Frank (MINIDRIVER)..... Let's see that Snowflake Frank!:-!

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great pics and review Joe..;-)

Good to see so many faces at the event.....it should also be noted that the gentleman that picked his GS up in person (glasses and dark red stripped dress shirt) is my good friend and #1 Grand Seiko fan, Frank (MINIDRIVER)..... Let's see that Snowflake Frank!:-!
Thank you.

I did mention that was our good friend Frank. It was a pleasure to finally meet him in person. Absolutely a great guy! You'll notice he's the only one to have the autograph from the both Mr. Fukai and Mr. Hagiwara! Thanks again for coming Frank. We're all waiting to see that "Snowfrake"!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Congrats Joe on the the Ananta.

Looked like a great event. All the best for more future Seiko events.
Great update and pics. :-!

Whos that I see, the man, the myth, the legend, -Minidriver (Frank). Congrats on the Snow Flake Frank!

I missed the live feed, but look forward to the video. Don't edit too much, I'd like to see the after party uncensored. LOL.

Here's a suggestion maybe for next event. Make a list of questions asked by forumers in a town meeting format during live feed or in advanced.
Many forumers like myself are unable to make it to the event but I'm sure have many questions for the Seiko reps, watchmakers and AZfinetime about service, technical info, repair, and future sales, and new projects for the future of Seiko and AZfinetime.
Might be and interesting concept.

Thanks for sharing and spreading the Seiko gospel.
cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Thank you.

I did mention that was our good friend Frank. It was a pleasure to finally meet him in person. Absolutely a great guy! You'll notice he's the only one to have the autograph from the both Mr. Fukai and Mr. Hagiwara! Thanks again for coming Frank. We're all waiting to see that "Snowfrake"!
Is he still banned here?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Amazing event, wish I were local :(.

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats Joe on the the Ananta.

Looked like a great event. All the best for more future Seiko events.
Great update and pics. :-!

Whos that I see, the man, the myth, the legend, -Minidriver (Frank). Congrats on the Snow Flake Frank!

I missed the live feed, but look forward to the video. Don't edit too much, I'd like to see the after party uncensored. LOL.

Here's a suggestion maybe for next event. Make a list of questions asked by forumers in a town meeting format during live feed or in advanced.
Many forumers like myself are unable to make it to the event but I'm sure have many questions for the Seiko reps, watchmakers and AZfinetime about service, technical info, repair, and future sales, and new projects for the future of Seiko and AZfinetime.
Might be and interesting concept.

Thanks for sharing and spreading the Seiko gospel.
cheers,
Dave
Thanks Dave! I am really enjoying it.

That's right, and from what I heard, he had a great time!

I was hoping to do so this time around, but it was far too busy. Hopefully something in the future. I do love the idea though!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Joe,

Great Pics! Certainly looks like a fun event.

FYI: The watch arrived safely yesterday. Thanks for the autographed box and the wonderful T-Shirt.
If you are doing this again next year, I'll try to make it.

Witty

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
I don't know exactly what happened, but he doesn't participate on this forum anymore.

Were you able to attend the event at the HMS location? I heard there was a decent turn out. If so, I hope you had a good time.
I missed it, spent the day under a series 109 rover, helping to fix a busted rear diff. I'm waiting for one of the locals to post about their experiences.

·
Banned
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joe,

Great Pics! Certainly looks like a fun event.

FYI: The watch arrived safely yesterday. Thanks for the autographed box and the wonderful T-Shirt.
If you are doing this again next year, I'll try to make it.

Witty
Thanks Witty!

Hopefully I'll have a little better warning next year. It'd be great if you could make it.

Glad you enjoyed!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Let's list tools used to service a Grand Seiko:

1) Fontax tweezers (regular, and with carbon fiber tips)
2) Tohnichi AMRD/AMLD torque driver: these two are used to tight router screw and mount screw.
3) Screw drivers: Last time I saw Bergeon, This time I cannot figure out the brand.
4) Hand remover: Looks a copy of Presto #1, with little modification
5) Hand setter: they use metal one

Bad thing is they didn't show us oilers and Seiko oil. I wish some day they can show us how to uniformly oil ratchet wheel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.