WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is ~12.5% discount from an AD for the non-limited edition, but U.S. exclusive, Four Seasons Spring SBGA413 a good deal? No tax.

EJwsKqJU8AAey6z.jpg

Reactions: jkpa

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you. I've heard as little as 0% for some limited editions and as much as 30+% for certain non-popular models. From calling around it sounds like the Spring is the hardest to get of the four Four Seasons references.

Reactions: 41Mets

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
try for 15 - 20% given the current climate. i dont think GS's are selling that much

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
Thank you. I've heard as little as 0% for some limited editions and as much as 30+% for certain non-popular models. From calling around it sounds like the SBGA413 is the hardest to get of four Seasons references.
For Grand Seiko, try Timeless Luxury Watches in TX. They are a forum sponsor and offer 5 year warranty on new watches so you get 5 years rather than the factory 3 for the Grand Seiko models. I think they can match or beat most ADs on pricing too and you get the extra warranty thrown in so that may help add a little more value to the purchase for you :)

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the suggestions guys. From calling around it appears most other ADs aren't currently doing any discount, since they are still hard to get in stock.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Agreed on checking out Timeless in TX. Highly recommend them.

Also check out my local spot, Manfredi Jewels in Greenwich, CT. They're showing it in stock, as well as the 'Summer' and 'Fall' variants. They're good people working there and it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions guys. From calling around it appears most other ADs aren't currently doing any discount, since they are still hard to get in stock.
So much for them not selling.much, lol! They sell like hotcakes. Our sponsor sold out of a model a day or two after release and I end up buying from a Japanese AD.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to just provide my first thread some closure. I ended up putting a deposit down on the SBGA413 at my local AD. Thank you all for your help. It'll be my first Grand Seiko when I take delivery of it. After calling many ADs, including those mentioned, it became evident many are having a hard time sourcing these, I'm sure owing partly to the current pandemic, and an even harder time keeping them on the shelf. Those that are incoming at many ADs have already been spoken for, going for MSRP, and the closest discount I heard was under 5% (and the particular AD made it clear I wouldn't qualify due to lack of relationship). I am grateful for the truly wonderful AD I have nearby. I won't be taking delivery for a couple months, but let me know if you care for pictures then.

PS: Perhaps this is for another time and thread, but I figured I'll just throw it in. Even though everything about the watch spoke to me, the holy trinity for a Grand Seiko really - the most beautiful Grand Seiko dial (IMO, even more than the Snowflake or Kira-Zuri), Spring Drive (for me, in a GS, it has to be a SD), and the 62GS case (even though the 44GS is the more iconic and complex case, it only looks proper in thinner, non-automatic GS IMO) - trying to assess the future market for these kept me from pulling the trigger for some time. Since this is only a U.S. exclusive model, and not a limited edition, that and along with the fact that Japan has 24 sekki, or "seasons", make me wonder if the current demand for these four, out of a possible 24, will be very short-lived, as GS cranks out thousands in varying fashion for numerous years. Even though I have no intention of selling this - quite the contrary actually, as I plan to own it until I can pass it on one day - it would be pretty special to acquire a new piece now that will become collectible in the future. A futile effort I'm aware, but here's to hoping for a blossoming future for this Spring Spring Drive.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Good to hear that your local AD came through for you. I look forward to the photos of your new watch in a few month’s time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you manage to get a discount on this? I am not hearing any discount whatsoever and + 10% taxes
how did you get no taxes either? great buy it sounds like

1 - 11 of 11 Posts