765 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
buy it!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I guess my only caveat would be to consider the new Hi-Beat GMTs too....they're the most attractive GMTs out of Seiko ever in my opinion:
I concur. The bottom halves of both Spring Drives look crowded, the power reserve pushes the writing down and the 6 o'clock index is made shorter as a result. The beautifully symmetric hi-beat dial has no such issues.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I guess my only caveat would be to consider the new Hi-Beat GMTs too....they're the most attractive GMTs out of Seiko ever in my opinion:

Now question that its a beautiful watch, But I still prefer the SBGH001 with its cobalt blue second hand.

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Now question that its a beautiful watch, But I still prefer the SBGH001 with its cobalt blue second hand.
Me too--I thought about picking up one of these to add to my SBGH001, but I still think the SBGH001 is the best watch Seiko has ever made and just didn't think the SBGJ001 would get much wrist time. However, I do like the SBGJ003 more than the SBGH005, I like a little color in my watches.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been in love with this watch for a long time. Snowflake dial, springdrive, GMT... I'd love your opinion. Should I just go buy the damn thing, or can you talk some sense into me?

ƒOƒ‰ƒ“ƒhƒZƒCƒR�[ - ƒZƒCƒR�[ƒEƒIƒbƒ`Š”Ž®‰ïŽÐ

It's a beautiful watch, but that useless crown guard is bothering me.

Very nice watch, you also may consider the SBGE005, 1mm bigger, but the champagne dial is very nice.

View attachment 2080290
This one is better without crown guard IMO.

The best combination of both watches above with gorgeous dial and lovely hands.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Me too--I thought about picking up one of these to add to my SBGH001, but I still think the SBGH001 is the best watch Seiko has ever made and just didn't think the SBGJ001 would get much wrist time. However, I do like the SBGJ003 more than the SBGH005, I like a little color in my watches.
Agree, I have tried to order an SBGJ003 on July 2014, But get an answer that it out of stock until the beginning of 2015.

SBGJ003-L.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"It's a beautiful watch, but that useless crown guard is bothering me."

Really? That crown guard is why I like this GS better than others. That and the blue GMT hand. To each their own!

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
"It's a beautiful watch, but that useless crown guard is bothering me."

Really? That crown guard is why I like this GS better than others. That and the blue GMT hand. To each their own!
I don't like it either, but they make plenty of watches that don't have the crown guard for the rest of us. In my years with GS, I can tell that the more aggressive case like the SBGR055 is a big attraction to many people.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
You come HERE to get talked out of a GS? Bad choice.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I thought the SBGA011 had the snowflake dial, not the SBGE009. Do they both have a snowflake dial?
Not even close – the 011's dial is unique to it and the yellow gold hands/markers of the 059 (not forgetting the very limited editions in precious metals cases)
The one under discussion is a raised dimple effect, which you can see more clearly here:

Grand Seiko SBGE009
Grand Seiko SBGE009

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I think Snowflake dial is being used (incorrectly, not that I care) as a synonym for white textured dial. If that's the case, the OP might also like the SBGA111 and SBGA109 limited editions:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts