WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up WUS! I'm back again, having as fun as ever taking cool shots of my favorite watches. Today I'm highlighting one of my grails, the Grand Seiko Snowflake. I've finally been able to get my hands on my 2nd one, one year after a bad transaction over at Reddit (the watch was stolen in transit, and I was out 4k).

But, as it's often been the case in my watch collecting journey, I now have my sights on an even bigger grail, and I'm doubting my decision. I've had my eyes on a Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar for quite some time, and now it could be within reach if I sell the Snowflake. Ah, decisions decisions.

So what do you guys think? Should I keep the Snowflake or upgrade to a PML?

Here are a couple of shots of my newly-acquired Snowflake:

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Congrats on the new acquisition, and most stunning photos! Personally I wouldn't change a thing, but you need to follow your heart. Also, very sorry to hear about the deal gone bad, I'd be completely devastated. FWIW, the Snowflake looks like it was tailored for your wrist.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oof! That's super sh***y that someone scammed you out of $4K. I sincerely hope the rest of their life is as "pleasant" as they are. While I am not the world's biggest fan of Seikos, the GS Snowflake is a beautiful watch and it looks great on your wrist. And obviously you like it enough that you bought it twice! If I were in your shoes, and I had gone through all that trouble to get one...well, not only would I keep it, I would never let it go.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
What's up WUS! I'm back again, having as fun as ever taking cool shots of my favorite watches. Today I'm highlighting one of my grails, the Grand Seiko Snowflake. I've finally been able to get my hands on my 2nd one, one year after a bad transaction over at Reddit (the watch was stolen in transit, and I was out 4k).

But, as it's often been the case in my watch collecting journey, I now have my sights on an even bigger grail, and I'm doubting my decision. I've had my eyes on a Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar for quite some time, and now it could be within reach if I sell the Snowflake. Ah, decisions decisions.

So what do you guys think? Should I keep the Snowflake or upgrade to a PML?

Here are a couple of shots of my newly-acquired Snowflake:

View attachment 15952198

View attachment 15952199
That photo makes it look like it was MADE for you!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also, I would totally buy the PML someday (or whatever else you may set your sights upon). There's just no way I'd sell the Snowflake to finance the purchase. I mean I would if I were me, but not if I were you. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oof! That's super sh***y that someone scammed you out of $4K. I sincerely hope the rest of their life is as "pleasant" as they are. While I am not the world's biggest fan of Seikos, the GS Snowflake is a beautiful watch and it looks great on your wrist. And obviously you like it enough that you bought it twice! If I were in your shoes, and I had gone through all that trouble to get one...well, not only would I keep it, I would never let it go.
Man, that's a good point. It was so hard to get it, I should hold onto it at least a little while longer ahah

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
I'd go for a GO. I'm not a big fan of the Snowflake or GS' design language in general.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd go for a GO. I'm not a big fan of the Snowflake or GS' design language in general.
Yes. Me neither. But OP is. He even bought a second one after he got scammed out of the first. That speaks volumes to me!

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Yes. Me neither. But OP is. He even bought a second one after he got scammed out of the first. That speaks volumes to me!
Yes, but remember he also already has his eye on the next thing. Given how quickly people around here flip their "grails" just because he bought a second one doesn't speak to its staying power when he's already asking about selling it for the next thing. In my experience here, that means there's not that much staying power with this watch. Most people do not go asking about selling their grail right away for the next thing if it was truly a keeper.

Reactions: Joshua G

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
So you just got the Snowflake and you're already thinking about getting rid of it?

TBH, I don't like the Snowflake because Ti feels too light on my wrist, so I think you should dump it ASAP.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That snowflake looks great on you. I own a GO and they’re amazing watches, but I’m not sure I would dump that watch to get one. The PML is not going anywhere, so I would spend some more time with the snowflake you just got before moving on.

Also, sorry to hear about that Reddit deal gone bad. I’ve done one deal on Reddit and I was so nervous the whole time I resolved not to do it again. Glad you were able to finally get your snowflake.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
I'm torn. On one hand, you loved the watch enough to buy it not once but twice. On the other hand, you are already thinking of moving on. Seems to be a contradiction.

I had one and I really enjoyed it, but in the end I wasn't wearing it that often, so I used it to get what I consider to be a remarkable watch and one that will, for sure, be a permanent item in my collection.

So my advice would be to trade it only to help finance a watch you feel is so fantastic, you'd never part with it.

Reactions: Joshua G

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also, I would totally buy the PML someday (or whatever else you may set your sights upon). There's just no way I'd sell the Snowflake to finance the purchase. I mean I would if I were me, but not if I were you. :)
My problem is I'm impulsive. I love the Snowflake, but I cant help but think the PML is within reach really soon instead of waiting another year to save the money.

I guess I just need to calm down and enjoy my new watch for a bit before making a rash decision ahah

1 - 20 of 161 Posts