WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: My Introduction

So I'm trying to figure out the size in mm of my grandfather's watch, I'm allergic to nickle, like I really break out and it sucks,
and the Speidel band on my grandfather's 1940's Longines is awesome, but the back makes me break out... I'm thinking it's a
16mm because I did find this one on ebay in silver thats pretty much the same band:
Old Speidel QuadraFlex watch band White Gold Filled 5/8 | eBay

What do you recommend? Can I use the tool I bought from your store to change this band as well?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have an allergy try the leather watch bands I use to isolate the watch away from the skin, they are not expensive, can be used with watches with solid spring bars and look vintage, look at the picture, I like leather, it is generic to almost any era, ignore the brass extension I made, I have an uncommonly large wrist and have to do this often to watch bands as they are so small.
Graeme

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
If you have an allergy try the leather watch bands I use to isolate the watch away from the skin, they are not expensive, can be used with watches with solid spring bars and look vintage, look at the picture, I like leather, it is generic to almost any era, ignore the brass extension I made, I have an uncommonly large wrist and have to do this often to watch bands as they are so small.
Graeme
View attachment 15886439

Thanks, that's a good idea.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts