WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
I need your help to retrieve some more infos about my Grandma's Lanco. It's not working, I think the main spring has broken, because hands rotate when I set the time, but the crown is not rotating when I actually try to charge it.
Anyway, she gave me this pretty Lanco just few days ago, I will have it serviced soon so she can use it again, but I would like to retrieve more informations like the year of the watch (Approximately), I know the Langendorf cal. 806 was made starting from the cal. 804, that dates to '50s circa.

Here's some photos I took just a while ago, and many thanks to everyone in advance:

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Up!

Hi everybody again, I just wanted to up the post and give you some news about the watch. So yesterday I unloaded the mainspring, and found out it is not broken, so I guess the watch just needs a good service, because wheels are like "Gluey", probably due to exhausted lubricants. :D

There's no one that can give me more informations about, Lanco and Langendorf and my Grandma's watch?
I looked on the internet looking for the same watch but found really nothing and I can't date it either.

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You're right with the dating around 1950. In germany we call these nice dials affectionately "wallpaperdials" and they have been typical for this aera. Langeendorf watch and Co started 1872 founded by Johann Kottmann. The brand lanco was registrated 1913. THey have been a manufacture and ebouche produzent for others. Their "lanco" wathes were known for excellen handwinding movements. 1961 they get a part of the SSIH but your watch is older.

Regards Silke

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right with the dating around 1950. In germany we call these nice dials affectionately "wallpaperdials" and they have been typical for this aera. Langeendorf watch and Co started 1872 founded by Johann Kottmann. The brand lanco was registrated 1913. THey have been a manufacture and ebouche produzent for others. Their "lanco" wathes were known for excellen handwinding movements. 1961 they get a part of the SSIH but your watch is older.

Regards Silke
Thank you really much for your reply. You confirmed my thoughts about the dating. This is kind of a unique watch to my Grandma, because this was the first watch my grandpa gave her as a present.
I see the dial is really particular, and I know they were largely used in the '50s, I have a question tho, do you think that pattern is stamped on the dial?
And, next to "Plaque G. 10", could that LWC inscription mean maybe "Langendorf watch co."?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I don't know how they made them but its the metal corpus before they paint it who has the structure. Plaque is the same as Gold filled and I guess its a short form of "Garantie 10 years by LWC". This means that they garantie, that the gold will cover the case at least for 10 years.

Regards Silke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts