WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
They’re both cool. The 3-9-12 is a neat look if you like it. Don’t know what else to say on that; it’s whichever you prefer!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well everyone that suggested me for the had suggested for gw9400 rangeman earlier, then Prg 600 protrek. Thankful to you guys.

But no one seems to like or comment on gravitymaster looks. Is it hard to like or is there issue with it.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
The GR-B100 was just not a very popular release. I think it suffered from coming out right when Bluetooth was starting to replace MB6 across G-SHOCK lines, and people were wary of the technology. I think it's a great watch though, and it does have a bit of a cult following on here. It's large but not oversized, has large pushers, a two-prong strap, a super bright LED, and that awesome STN LCD. Just a comfortable, good-looking watch.

Of course the GW-9400 Rangeman is one of the most beloved Gs ever made, with a ton of functionality, so it would have been difficult for any watch to come out above it in a popularity contest.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The GR-B100 was just not a very popular release. I think it suffered from coming out right when Bluetooth was starting to replace MB6 across G-SHOCK lines, and people were wary of the technology. I think it's a great watch though, and it does have a bit of a cult following on here. It's large but not oversized, has large pushers, a two-prong strap, a super bright LED, and that awesome STN LCD. Just a comfortable, good-looking watch.

View attachment 15503653

Of course the GW-9400 Rangeman is one of the most beloved Gs ever made, with a ton of functionality, so it would have been difficult for any watch to come out above it in a popularity contest.
Very rightly said. Just that already Rangeman has gathered a cult following of its own. But the for ppl like me who don’t camp and trek. This would be not much different.
On the looks. It’s casual and so features take a back seat.
This is an awesome click. Is it your watch or ripped off from internet

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you for all your comments.
From the looks of it and your suggestions. I am getting inclined towards PRG 600 and GRB100

although I like looks of PRG 600. But the shear factor of gravitymaster being G-SHOCK and able to withstand anything you throw at it. And not getting scratched easily.
Rangeman also has this feature plus a ton of others too.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Very rightly said. Just that already Rangeman has gathered a cult following of its own. But the for ppl like me who don’t camp and trek. This would be not much different.
On the looks. It’s casual and so features take a back seat.
This is an awesome click. Is it your watch or ripped off from internet
It's mine. Have had it since it was first released. I love the green goblin LCD! :alien:

Reactions: Malay Dixit

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's mine. Have had it since it was first released. I love the green goblin LCD! :alien:
Wow.. it’s awesome looking watch. And released in 2018. In two years it still looks awesomely new.. kudos to you.
Do you wear it regularly or occasionally

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Presently I have on sale all three watches

rangeman for 165 $
Gravity master for 165 $
Protrek PRG 600 for 175 $.

so now which one is worth the spend as you can see all the watches are similarly priced.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I prefer the ProTrek, but it’s really all about you.
Thank you, Mr Auto and Sir-guy.. there one thing that’s bugging me. As you have own and are aware of protrek series. How safe is bezel and screen from scratches. I keep bumping my hand in walls and things. Thank you

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Thank you, Mr Auto and Sir-guy.. there one thing that’s bugging me. As you have own and are aware of protrek series. How safe is bezel and screen from scratches. I keep bumping my hand in walls and things. Thank you
I have a screen protector on mine, so I can’t comment on how tough the crystal itself is. It’s not sapphire on mine and I’ve scratched and nicked others made of mineral crystal so I was preemptive with mine.

The bezel looks the same as when I got it this spring.

Unlike a G-Shock, there’s no resin covering. However, if you’re looking for a “non-kiddish” daily wear that still has lots of cool features, a ProTrek is a good way to go.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have a screen protector on mine, so I can’t comment on how tough the crystal itself is. It’s not sapphire on mine and I’ve scratched and nicked others made of mineral crystal so I was preemptive with mine.

The bezel looks the same as when I got it this spring.

Unlike a G-Shock, there’s no resin covering. However, if you’re looking for a “non-kiddish” daily wear that still has lots of cool features, a ProTrek is a good way to go.
protrek does have a more formal look to it. And goes amazingly with more dresses. That’s to, but I feel your watch has a better look to it. And smaller even, this protrek is feeing a slight bigger on my wrist. Although watch a great looker I must say. But always there is thing on scratching thescreen. The screen guard surecan help.
do you sleepalso in this watch. M finding big for sleeping it in.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
I think that looks fine on your wrist. Maybe take a photo in the mirror to get a better idea of how it looks in real life? Close up photos from a phone can distort things.

I don’t wear this one to bed. I usually wear a diver that has all-night, hands-off lume.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
after much deliberation I must say I like the looks of protrek and it’s functions are indeed appealing. Plus the versatility in wearing it with all dresses were there. I don’t need any triple sensor.

But I have formal watches to wear with dresses. After a lot of thinking, I made up my mind on a solid rugged watch which goes without any tension of banging up here and
there. Plus I have garmin with screen guard and smart watch to be safe with. This one was to be without tension.

so.. I have finally got Gravitymaster but in blue.. I love the looks of the watch. And best is I can wear wth out worrying about the impact on watch. Plus MF Alarm is great plus to keep track on imp things.

Thank you everyone for you valuable input on this topic to help me out. I am great ful to all.
especially sir-guy. Your mirror idea really helped. To narrow down and finally end my confusion.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Update,

negative display in A2 or blue one is difficult to read the watch looks analogue. Although I liked the looks I thought would enjoy the negative display. But honestly it’s not worth it.
returning this back and planning to the black and green Gravitymaster model.

also now m thinking why not rangeman gw9400.As I wIll not worry about bumping it also anywhere..

21 - 39 of 39 Posts