Gray straps perhaps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 5KT just coming online, I'm sure it won't be long before DOXA is offering a rubber dive strap. In the past, we've seen black and we've seen orange. What do you all think about gray as an additional color? I'm thinking the right color of gray, would go quite nicely with the brushed SS case.:)

**NOTE** When voting in the poll, it would be greatly appreciated if you would back your vote up with a post. THANKS!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree, SubK.
I really like straps (which makes me the anti-Jason!!) and a bit of grey would be good - maybe a Doxa-style Nato arrangement might work?? Good for diving, not sure how it would work with screw in bars for the bracelet?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Grey is just, well......grey, like our weather here at the moment. Now, Caribbean blue or Divingstar yellow, that would be interesting b-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think it would be too difficult to get a flat grey strap to match the beautiful metalic stainless on the watch. Thats one of the reasons I like bracelets better. If they added an additional color of strap, it would be neat if it was a blue that complemented the Seaconquerer blue on the dial... I cant tell from the pictures if that would be quite Caribbean.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I logged off after voting to take these pics as I believe pics are worth 1000 words. The strap is a Zulu 2 ring. The gray has a slight green tinge to it, sort of like the current nylon flight jacket. The fittings are brushed 316L just like the watch. I prefer the 600T with straps because of the shallow caseback. My vote was for gray.

Joe

PS I'm with Subkrawler here, we have 29 votes, but we sure don't have that many posts. I can't be the only member that's put a gray strap on a pro. I'd like to know if the Zulu is the only game in town.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
I find Blk a little severe. OTOH Orange is waay over the top for me. The only time I hung the Orange strap on a Pro I felt like I was wearing Bozo's watch! (..and realize I live in TN where the natives bleed Orange!)

A "Zulu" gray color sounds like a great idea to me.

:-!

OTOH.. Orange/Orange is a tough combination for an adult male to pull off!

:think:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think I would have to see it first but your suggestion is intriguing. I think it might look pretty darn good on a Sharkhunter but the Pro? I've been shown the error of my ways before so I'm open to the idea I guess. ;-)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think black is perfect for all occassions and orange suits the Pro pretty good. I dunno about grey though, just can't see myself wearing that combo :think:.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Sorry, I like my rice beads...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nato black for me,

but I still do have a preference for my steel bracelet.

I would rally have to see what the arangement of grey on orange looks like

·
Registered
350 Posts
That looks pretty good Malyel.

Maybe.... just Maybe....

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
The Pro looks great with grey (I use the NATO and Zulu, also a Bond NATO). I think a grey rubber strap would be a cool addition!

·
Registered
196 Posts
i have to confess that i voted in the poll that i dont wear straps but i have been looking at silicone straps alot lately and think a gray strap would be cool.i would buy one.i think it would look great on my pro.a black strap belongs on a sharkie but grey would look nice with the orange.do you guys think if i bought a black strap and left it in the sun it would fade to grey.hahah

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good evening all. I voted for the grey strap option, although truth be told I'm not fond of either of the current doxa straps. Yes they look cool, and they are very well made, however I actually find them fairly uncomfortable to wear, feels too bulky. I very happily own several Doxa's and most of them are off their bracelets altogether and are on various Nato straps. Easier to adjust and safer when swimming. Current Doxa Pro 5000T is on a Blk and Grey Nato Bond....looks great....sorry no pics,just learning the photography ropes. Happy New Year to all
Geoffrey

·
Registered
127 Posts
Orange and black are OK, Grey is a bit dull for me. Still prefer the bracelet most of the time (although I've just bought a JSAR and I think it's at least as good, maybe better, on the strap, which also smells strongly of vanilla!)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Any problem with putting the nato strap on the 5000. I tried a band I had and it seemed to thick. It wasn't a nato.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts