WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Nomos Metro Gangreserve in July 2019 and it's been a consistent +3-5 seconds a day since...and I wear it on multiple single pass nato straps 5 days a week. Just a couple of days ago it started gaining almost a minute per day!

I emailed Dan at Timeless last night and Steve got back to me this morning with a suggestion that it could have gotten magnetized and that they could check it out and if that wasn't the problem they'd send it to Nomos.

I didn't think that was the problem since the beat rate was spot on and in my experience with 2824 as well as nh36 seiko movements that have gotten magnetized...usually the beat rate is erratic. But, I figured it was worth a try. So I degaussed it with my $10 ebay demagnetizer and that fixed it! I'm very excited that I won't be without the watch for weeks!

Thanks again Timeless for the great service!

Here are some pics:

nomos fast.jpg
nomos demagnet.jpg
nomos perlon.jpg
nomos leather.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
I bought the Nomos Metro Gangreserve in July 2019 and it's been a consistent +3-5 seconds a day since...and I wear it on multiple single pass nato straps 5 days a week. Just a couple of days ago it started gaining almost a minute per day!

I emailed Dan at Timeless last night and Steve got back to me this morning with a suggestion that it could have gotten magnetized and that they could check it out and if that wasn't the problem they'd send it to Nomos.

I didn't think that was the problem since the beat rate was spot on and in my experience with 2824 as well as nh36 seiko movements that have gotten magnetized...usually the beat rate is erratic. But, I figured it was worth a try. So I degaussed it with my $10 ebay demagnetizer and that fixed it! I'm very excited that I won't be without the watch for weeks!

Thanks again Timeless for the great service!

Here are some pics:

View attachment 15030957
View attachment 15030959
View attachment 15030961
View attachment 15030963
Any idea how the watch may have gotten magnetised?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts