WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it finally happened. I had to send my beloved watch in last month for a little R&R at Stoll and Co. and ordered a touch up on the case. For those of you that do not know, Stoll is the official US location for repairs and general service. I am pleased to announce that my watch was sent out on 1/24/11 and returned today on 2/24/11 (30 days!). I pulled it out of the box and any small scuffs were removed and they even cleaned up the original strap for me. I routinely wore this watch for a while. Stoll & Co. did great work and my watch looks brand new! I really appreciate the effort cleaning the strap, they did not have to do that... :-!

Out of the box I began bonding with it again, and found that I really missed this watch. The colors, the cool world time disc, various polished and satinated surfaces and of course the cool case back make for one great watch. It's really useful to be able to tell the time anywhere in the world without a whole lot of other things on the dial (moon phase, etc.). Most importantly, the extremely limited quantities and rarity of this watch is something I love. |>

I got to wearing it again, and was grateful to have one of my true "grails" back in the rotation. I couldn't help but take some 1 year anniversary snaps! Thanks for looking Anonomistas! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Good news my friend a stunning piece... but Thanks Stoll & Co.

May be Stoll & Co needs to open an Service Center on Italy.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Another great report from Stoll.

Absolutely love your pictures - always. Your Argonauta is just perfect and so cool.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Amers, Nelson & Stephen:

Thank you all for the awesome comments. I only had one real ding on the watch (near 10) on the bezel and they nearly got it all out - FREE!!!

I was able to detect a light polish on the watch as well. I want to stress this though, the strap is significantly better than when I sent it. They either carefully cleaned it and possibly conditioned the leather. The Kodiak straps on the Dino Zei are bar none the best for these watches!

I'm very lucky to have been able to afford this watch and purchase it from an AD for the warranty. It certainly set me back a bit on the moola. I also feel VERY fortunate to be one of the very few with a black dial, stainless Argonauta! :-!

To folks out there drawn to Anomimo, I can tell you do not hesitate. Especially if you are in the US I can tell you this brand has excellent quality & great service. I've owned a whole TON of very nice and expensive upscale watches and can say without a doubt my ownership experience has been great. |>

To me, Anonimo is the best way to experience an independent boutique watch with genuine Italian heritage & quality for the money.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Is the grain of the brushed finish identical to when the watch was new?

·
Registered
54 Posts
bronze Polluce 10th Anniversary

I'm thinking of sending my watch to Stoll to polish the bronze back to new looking. I just got the watch preowned about a month ago. Glad to hear about your good experience. How did you ship them the watch?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Re: bronze Polluce 10th Anniversary

I'm thinking of sending my watch to Stoll to polish the bronze back to new looking. I just got the watch preowned about a month ago. Glad to hear about your good experience. How did you ship them the watch?
Always ship a watch w/ two coats of bubble wrap or a ton of peanuts on all sides. Get a sturdy box, I recommend one 10 x 12 inches. Contact Jessica Simmons at Stoll so she's expecting it with a short description of what you need done.

I shipped it insured (USPS) and with delivery conf too. I also recomend including copies of your warranty paperwork and receipt with a letter specifically describing everything you want done.

Hope this helps!

PS: be advised that I sent it in for a date change issue, that I may or may not have caused. They probably are not prepared for scores of owners calling for free refiinishing. I am not implying that you are trying to do that, only merely let the world know how damn well they took care of the watch there when repairing a legitamite issue. Thanks for your question. JV

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Re: bronze Polluce 10th Anniversary

Big omission in the shipping instructions, above. Always double box when shipping a watch! Do the wrapping of your watch as described, place in a small box (never the original display box when shipping for service), and then place this box, wrapped, into another larger box, filled with bubble wrap and/or styrene pieces--some expediters won't insure your watches for shipment unless they are at least double boxed, or they won't pay out on a claim unless you can prove that it was double-boxed--the cushion between the two boxes is essential in providing a cushion for the automatic movement, a kind of independent suspension system that keeps the bumping about of the movement to a minimum. (As a regular shipper of watches overseas to every conceivable destination on earth, I have learned through experience.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts